Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats the weirdest animal youve ever seen while hunting? (albino, 3 legged, etc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was sitting in some underbrush in a ghillie suit, hunting turkey. A pheasant has just strutted behind me. Movement caught my eye in the fallen leaves about 30 feet away. Two parallel rows of leaves were rapidly popping up and heading right for me. I was about to freak out, especially when I saw the forked tongues - Massasauga rattlers was the first thing that popped into my head. They went right by me. Just two rat snakes, off to make babies, I figured.

Comment

Once in Alaska my buddies and I was around the campfire after a long day hunting. We had finihed a pot of coffe laced with Bailey's Irish creme and a herd of pink Jackalope' stampeded through the camp.

Comment

I was out deer hunting and saw what looked like a hiena walking around my uncle's field I quickly looked through my scope only to find out it was a very dark coyote. I tell you I was scared when I first saw it.

Comment

Del, I'm sure the Baileys had nothing to do with it. LOL

MLH, you must live a tad south of me. Massasaga rattlers are here but not prolific. I have personnaly seen only one, up close and personnal, when helping a buddy wrap water pipes under his home, in the river bottoms of course.

Comment

Not me, but my tom cat came out of my orchard last August carrying a Chuckar partridge. I live in ND.

Comment

Jim - I'm in lower Michigan. We have them up here but they are protected. I've never crossed path with a poisonous snake up here - seemed it was a normal occurrence when I lived in Kansas.

Comment

i saw a pronhorn in west texas that had horns that struck out at at a horizontal angle from its head

Comment

I've seen black coyotes (melanistic), completely hairless coyotes (mange), piebald deer, a red racoon (erythristic), black squirrels (gray and fox) a silver fox (color phase of red fox)a three legged wild hog, and a three legged deer. The strangest thing though was a guy deer hunting on a WMA wearing shorts, flipflops and and orange highway department safety vest.

Comment

Last muzzleloader hunt we saw the weirdest muley. It had at least 20 skin tags, all at least 3 inches long. We called him ol' bell-neck (the tags looked like bells)

Comment

I have seen an albino squirrrel when I was Bow Hunting and a black coyote when I was squirrel hunting.

Comment

The most strange looking was a benchleg doe I saw while I was elk hunting one year. A benchleg is a crossbred western blacktail with a mule deer. She had a really large body with a very tiny, out of proportion head. To make matters worse, she had somewhat long curly hair between her ears. I had the best laugh of my life when I spotted her.

Comment

A Albino Whitetail!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad