Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats the weirdest animal youve ever seen while hunting? (albino, 3 legged, etc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the weirdest animal youve ever seen while hunting? (albino, 3 legged, etc)

whats the weirdest animal youve ever seen while hunting? (albino, 3 legged, etc)

The wierdest animal I saw was a racoon that had his head stuck in a milk jug, he had chewed through one side, but could not figure out how to get out.

We caught him and helped him out of his trap.

Comment

I have mentioned this before but once at 257 yards I shot a trotting buck with my old Springfield .25-'06. The deer was a good heavy 4 x 4 whitetail. He had very long belly hair with spots on him that looked a lot like a dog with a horrible case of mange. There were red hairless blotches which oozed puss all over his body. The local game warden could not figure out what was wrong with the poor buck but I probably put him our of his misery.

Comment

Back in 2005 I turned down a clubbed bull elk that had a 300+ class antler on the other side. Since he is the only one I have ever seen I somewhat regret not busting a cap on him just for the oddity of it. He would have made a good mount to create interesting discussions.

Comment

One other oddity was a 4 x 4 bull elk that my hunting partner shot in 1992. It was a small bull physically, still inn full velvet on October 15, had a normal immature antler on one side plus 4 points sticking out of his head on the other. The 4 points each made a separate exit from his skull. He only had one testicle which was on the side opposite from the normal antler. There did not appear to be any injury to the scrotum so we figured he was genetically inferior. One shot from a 7mm x .300 Weatherby at about 75 yards prevented him from creating any more freaks.

Comment

About 10 years ago on a piece of property that I hunt just north of my house there was a Whitetail Doe that had a white blotch that covered just almost her whole right side. Saw her for 3 consecutive seasons. Kinda surprises me that she lasted so long. Her "camo" was shot all to crap. You could see her coming from a mile away if you were on her right.

Comment

You really want to know the weirdest animals or better yet, Wild Life? You really want me to answer that, LOL!

Picture this!

A bunch of none resident hunters from some Big City never been out in the woods before with a ice chest full of Bud and it’s 3 o’clock in the morning drunk as hell stumbling around, yelling at each other as if they where deaf trying to put up a tent for the first time!!!

O'Ya, they all wanted to know if they could shoot does since they had none resident license! NO JOKE!!

Comment

Couple years ago I saw a hen Turkey that was mostly white on 2 different hunting trips to the same area.

Comment

i found a yearling doe on my trapline its right back leg was hanging on by a thread about 1/4 of the way up its leg poor thing couldn't walk had to put it out of its missry

Comment

I saw a completely white dove during bow season last year. I thought that was kind of odd.

Comment

it was sliced clean too not ripped wierdset thing

Comment

Years back I shot what I thought was a wounded doe, only to find out it only had 3 legs and was fine. No wound at all, if there was one it was completely healed over.

Comment

There are a couple white(salt and pepper) turkeys i see occassionally, and i saw a black coyote last deer season. Cool sight

Comment

i got followed out of the woods about 1/4 of a mile by 2 baby racoons one day while deer hunting. when i got back into my yard they stopped at the woodline and watched me walk in the house. i think they hung around outside my house for quite awhile before leaving

Comment

I saw a mountain lion, in Ohio. I'm sure it was an escaped pet. It was very over weight.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad