Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This one is for all the archaeologists and History Channel fans out there. If you could go back to the days of the dinosaurs on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Agreed with Walt Smith answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Leave a comment:

• Big O
    replied
    I like Walts idea, but if I were hunting dios I'd use the Barret .50 in semi-auto, you know just in-case!

Leave a comment:

• MLH
    replied
    Del, there are a set of Irish elk antlers in the University of Wyoming Geological Museum in Laramie. Apparently, the only set in the US. It's not clear but you can see them on the lower wall at the back of the picture on this link:

http://www.uwyo.edu/geomuseum/tour/apato.asp

Leave a comment:

• streack
    replied
    I think I would choose the Mastodon, looks like that beast had some massive ivory, would look good on my wall. I would probably use a Marcel Thys in 600 Nitro.

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    I would like to shoot the long extinct Irish Elk. Largest antlers of any herbivore ever to live. My .350 Rem mag would suffice.

Leave a comment:

• dwaynez
    replied
    T-Rex

I would go after the top predator of his day

Leave a comment:

• MLH
    replied
    I'd shoot a couple of V-raptors with .25-06 120 grain Woodleigh solids, assuming the PH and gunbearers are backing up with grenade launchers, wildcat .70 BMGs, and A-10 Warthogs. Then I'd use the V-raptors as bait for megalodons.

Leave a comment:

• huskerguy
    replied
    I'd shoot what ever got to close.

Leave a comment:

• CPT BRAD
    replied
    I'd say Raptors, small, fast, and mean. 50 BMG would be a good choice.

Leave a comment:

• Walt Smith
    replied
    Instead of hunting dinosaurs I'd rather go back to about 10,000BC and go after the sabertooth lion,the shortfaced bear and the wolly mamoth. Do they make a .458 Lott in semiautomatic with a 30 round clip?

Leave a comment:

• shane
    replied
    We all saw how hunting velociraptors turned out.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    I eat what I kill so I'm not sure what would be a tasty morsel. I think maybe the Wooly Mammoth? I'd have to borrow a rifle. I don't think a 30-06 would do the trick.

Leave a comment:

• Reid Jones
    replied
    i would get all my hunting buddies, and give them all a big old barret 50 cal. and all at once we would shoot the big t-rex in the head, neck, and vital area..yeah, they're semi-auto. just to be safe we would take a couple shots each. haha. and we'd get out the 12 gauges and go teractyl hunting..just like shootin pheasant, only dangerous.

Leave a comment:

• boomer1
    replied
    i would shoot at what ever came within 100yards of me

Leave a comment:

• idahooutdoors
    replied
    I always thought trying to knock Teradactyl's out of the air would be the most fun, as long as they didn't land on you. Would be the ultimite in bird hunting.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad