Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This one is for all the archaeologists and History Channel fans out there. If you could go back to the days of the dinosaurs on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This one is for all the archaeologists and History Channel fans out there. If you could go back to the days of the dinosaurs on

This one is for all the archaeologists and History Channel fans out there. If you could go back to the days of the dinosaurs on a hunting trip what would you be interested in hunting? T-Rex, Raptors, Triceratops, or would you be looking for a side of brontosaur ribs?

Velociraptor because they were pack hunters and probably the Pteradactyle? for wing shooting. But that side of Brontosaur ribs on the Flintstones sure looked tasty.

Comment

Question is, what would you hunt them with? Can't use that .577, if the first shot missed you'd get eaten before you got back up.
      I'll bet a brontosaurus would feed a family of four nicely though.

Comment

Lets do it old school, with a spear or maybe a snare.

Comment

Id stake out with a Browning M-2 .50 cal and hunt me some T-rex

Comment

I always thought trying to knock Teradactyl's out of the air would be the most fun, as long as they didn't land on you. Would be the ultimite in bird hunting.

Comment

i would shoot at what ever came within 100yards of me

Comment

i would get all my hunting buddies, and give them all a big old barret 50 cal. and all at once we would shoot the big t-rex in the head, neck, and vital area..yeah, they're semi-auto. just to be safe we would take a couple shots each. haha. and we'd get out the 12 gauges and go teractyl hunting..just like shootin pheasant, only dangerous.

Comment

I eat what I kill so I'm not sure what would be a tasty morsel. I think maybe the Wooly Mammoth? I'd have to borrow a rifle. I don't think a 30-06 would do the trick.

Comment

We all saw how hunting velociraptors turned out.

Comment

Instead of hunting dinosaurs I'd rather go back to about 10,000BC and go after the sabertooth lion,the shortfaced bear and the wolly mamoth. Do they make a .458 Lott in semiautomatic with a 30 round clip?

Comment

I'd say Raptors, small, fast, and mean. 50 BMG would be a good choice.

Comment

I'd shoot what ever got to close.

Comment

I'd shoot a couple of V-raptors with .25-06 120 grain Woodleigh solids, assuming the PH and gunbearers are backing up with grenade launchers, wildcat .70 BMGs, and A-10 Warthogs. Then I'd use the V-raptors as bait for megalodons.

Comment

T-Rex

I would go after the top predator of his day

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad