Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the luckiest hunter or fisherman you know? Does it make you angry, or make you laugh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the luckiest hunter or fisherman you know? Does it make you angry, or make you laugh?

Who is the luckiest hunter or fisherman you know? Does it make you angry, or make you laugh?

I know two guys who can catch trophy trout out of a toilet, kill 400 class bull elk within sight of town, and be home by noon. Year after year, season after season. One guy has only one beat up old rifle and can bearly stay on the paper at 100 yards at the range. The other one shoots black powder only but does have the advantage of being "disabled" so he hunts, fishes, or golfs every day of his life that he so desires. I could go on and on but yeah it irritates me to no end. I would tell you some true stories about them but you would swear I was lying.

Comment

We have a saying at camp..."That guy is luckier than a dog w' two d#%ks!" It has sometimes referred to me, sometimes others. I will never begrudge anyone for their good luck. It is a big part of being a good hunter.

Comment

I know a guy who's wife makes very good money. He doesn't do anything but hunt and fish. I don't know? Maybe that's more smart than lucky?

I know another guy who's second deer scored 226. He shot it less than 1 mile from my place. You don't want to know what I call him.

Comment

A friend of mine can hang a stand in the Wall Mart parking lot and kill a deer. The first season he went hunting he killed a huge 9 pointer at 100 yards. The scope he was using was off bad. He aimed at the heart and hit the spine half way down the deer. He killed another nice deer the next season shooting through stuff so think rabbits wouldn't go in it. It just amazes me how some folks can kill a deer with seemingly little effort but it takes me a week of hunting before I even see a deer. It doesn't make me angry or laugh, it makes my cry!

Comment

My brother-in-law would tell you that it was me. We have been bass fishing together 3 times, in those three times he has caught many more fish than I. I have caught a grand total of 3 bass, one on each trip. The smallest of my three was 10lbs. 7oz. He has never caught one over 8lbs. in his life.

Comment

I don't know any very lucky hunters, but my old neighbor gets an 8 or 10-pointer every year. My family would tell you it was me, because the first year I hunted very seriously I got a 155 B&C class 10-point whitetail.

Comment

Ahh, man! That's some good stuff! I have a buddy that shoots huge deer every year (mule and whitetail), killed a turkey with a bow his first time EVER Turkey hunting, and can catch bass and trout at least 5lbs every time he goes fishing. By the way, he doesn't even have a truck!

Comment

Me. Because God has blessed me with the opportunity to experience his Out of Door's with the elk, the bear, and deer.

Comment

i am not to lucky with deer compared to my friends, one of them has tagged out with nice deer since he started hunting and I on the other hand have only seen 6 deer in the last 3 years. What drives me nuts is that I take all of the precautions, am more quiet than him, and am a better shot yet he still gets the deer

Comment

Buddy of mine seems to always have the luck weather its hunting or fishing. Always seems like when he goes hunting he walks to straight to the animals, and he'll catch either the most fish or biggest. I'm happy for em, but gotta try and out do him to keep his ego down.

Comment

sisters boyfriend he got a huge 10 pointer last year and got a big six pointer this year along with a nice doe

Comment

that would be my uncle, he goes to the same spot every year shoots a huge deer every year, and when i say every year i mean it. its 5 years straight that he has shot a 120 class whitetail, thats huge for around here.

Comment

i am the luckiest i know

Comment

Friends would say it's me - because I'm single and can go pretty much when I please.

To shed some light on that ... a friend has a cabin up north. He hasn't hunted deer in years and was considering heading up there for opening day. The firearms opener is a sacred time in Michigan, if you know what I mean. But, his wife decided to take a friend and a group of young girls up there for the daughter's birthday. They don't hunt, but sure had a great time. The girls especially liked the buck poles. I wonder if it will become a yearly tradition for them. There is a good side to this - perhaps some of the girls will decide to become deer hunters.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad