Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the characteristics of good hunter? Good fisherman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the characteristics of good hunter? Good fisherman?

What are the characteristics of good hunter? Good fisherman?

Patience, honesty, the ability to sit still for an extened period of time,good sportsmanship, and patience again.

Comment

There are a lot of things that go into a person like that. These days, unfortunately, there aare much fewer people like that. A good sportsman/fisherman has one rifle/bow/rod that he uses because he has taken great care of it through the years. A good sportsman/fisherman has never once bragged about his kill/catch, but instead brings it home, tells his wife about it, maybe his friends, and frys up some of the game and shares it with everyone. A good sportsman/fisherman has never and will never pay money to go to some special property that produces world record bucks or bass on each square inch of the property, but instead he enjoys hunting/fishing his own land that he worked hard to get or ask for and just enjoys what God has blessed him with.

Comment

Honesty, humility, a good sense of humor and most of all safe to name a few!

Comment

Right on Clay, first and foremost good hunters are honest. We don't cheat lie or steal, those things are for city folk and don't belong in the field.

Comment

Fair chase, minimal tech/aids, clean kills, respectful of other hunters and their space/safety.

The best quality though is the desire to further our sport and its future by getting as many people as possible involved, and making the opinions of those that won't get involved favorable.

Comment

Ethics. Respect for your quary and other hunters and/or fisherman.

Comment

About the only things I can add are, respect for the areas that you are hunting or finshing on and respect for the landowner.

Comment

What I add to this list of great things already mentioned are: passion, and taste for the game meat. If you kill it, you eat it.

Comment

No matter what happens its all about the experiance

Comment

Excellent list to live by. I will add one thing, give back to your sport in what ever way you can.

Comment

Patience is a big one and so is ethics and you also have to have a deep love for nature.

Comment

Fairchase and knowing hunter saftey. And never having a bad attitude.

Comment

Honesty and patience.

Comment

Agreed with Beekeeper answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
                                by rock rat
                                Jimbo this morning I heard a woman interviewed on the radio, she was the state coordinator with the Kamala for President group during the primaries. All...
                                Today, 10:59 AM
                              • 16 Years
                                by jhjimbo
                                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                                Yesterday, 09:20 PM
                              • Reply to More Bad News....
                                by dewman
                                Had a big long post typed half dozen times but I just won't discuss losing my dogs. Doubt I ever will. I know what you're feeling, I am sorry for your...
                                Today, 10:55 AM
                              • More Bad News....
                                by WA Mtnhunter
                                My 13+ year old Black Lab is still plugging along. Not sure how much or if he will hunt this fall. The real bad news is that my 8-year old Lab, Scout,...
                                07-19-2020, 12:00 PM
                              • Reply to More Bad News....
                                by jhjimbo
                                So sorry for your loss....
                                Today, 10:40 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X