Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do you hunt? Feed your family? Trophy Antlers? Being Outdoors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you hunt? Feed your family? Trophy Antlers? Being Outdoors?

Why do you hunt? Feed your family? Trophy Antlers? Being Outdoors?

Being outdoors and food. It isn't a necessity to feed my family though because we can get by without hunting so i guess that leaves just being outdoors, which was my first choice anyway.

Nate

Comment

Feeding the family is #1 with me ,horns mean nothing, they're just something thats on a bucks head, they're cool and all but after you get about 20 of them the excitment wears off.

Comment

First its my escape from the hassle of a concrete jungle and second it's to feed my family. A trophy is just a bonus.

Comment

I like to get out and get my mind off the everyday things and enjoy some piece and quite, I enjoy the meat too.

Comment

For me it is being outdoor and management. Antlers are nice but i am not dissapointed if i dont get a trophy every year.

Comment

I hunt to help with the grocery bill.

Comment

all three

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Being outdoors and getting away from the hustle and bustle of the real world is definitely the main reason. Having delicious food is an added bonus, and if I just so happen to get lucky and get some nice antlers, thats just icing on the cake.

Comment

all three

Comment

Being outdoors, it's almost like meditation or something, a chance for me to get away and be with my thoughts. And there are few things as exciting as ducks dropping into the blocks or a buck sneaking his way down a trail.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

All of thee above, and then some. I use any and all reasons to be outside tromping around the hills.

Comment

to hunt and to be outside. i love the thrill of the hunt and the felling of being in the woods. but if i didnt like the meat i would not hunt because i would feel bad about wasting it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad