Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who makes the BEST Hunting Packs?

Who makes the BEST Hunting Packs?

I have had good luck with Badlands and Eberlestock packs, spendy, but you get what you pay for.

Comment

The one on the other guys back!!

Comment

The mule is best!

Comment

I have one that I bought at Cabela's for a reasonable price and it has served me well.

Comment

I think Badlands makes the best packs. They are VERY high priced though. Their packs have everything and are very comfortable. If you dont wanna pay that much, Bass Pro and Cabelas make great packs!

Comment

I also have one that I got from Cabelas, and for the price that I paid, I could not be any happier.

Comment

The pack you really need must have a large frame designed to strap stuff to and 50 pound concrete bags would be a good test to qualify. Shoulder straps must fit and have a crossover strap to prevent the straps from sliding off and swaying and another strap or should I say a belt that goes around the waist. The waist strap caries the bulk of the wait and lowers the center of gravity thus taking the strain off the shoulders, prevent falling and trail fatigue. Second feature should be what I call the bag. It should be large enough to stuff a kid in it with side pockets.

You pay for what your get but be careful of paying for something you don’t!

Comment

Good answer Clay. They do make really good packs.

Comment

Clay has the best answers especially the "on some other guy's back" and the "mule". Unless I am using a pack frame to haul meat out of a hole I refuse any kind of pack. Those two buldged discs in my lumbar region resent such an attachment.
                    I always wondered how quick you can pull your rifle out of an Eberlestock as I have never seen it done although those TV hunters use them a lot.

Comment

I got one at Cabelas and one at Bass Pro. I would deffinantly suggest to go with Cabelas... that one turned out to be a lot more comfortable than that of the Bass Pro model

Comment

Try L.L. Bean

Comment

I'm a fan of Badlands. They're comfortable, well thought out, quiet, and they last. They're expensive, but you get what you pay for, and they have an unconditional lifetime warranty which they stand behind. Spend a little more now and you'll never have to buy another pack.

Comment

Agreed with idahooutdoors answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad