Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You have killed a deer and are hauling it home in the back of your pick up truck. Tailgate up or down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have killed a deer and are hauling it home in the back of your pick up truck. Tailgate up or down?

You have killed a deer and are hauling it home in the back of your pick up truck. Tailgate up or down?

Tailgate up, I want to show a little respect to the animal I just killed.

Comment

I've never really thought much about it, but up is how I usually do it. If I have to go out into a field to load it I definitely put it up, I don't want to have to load it twice.

Comment

Down, and it's not a matter of respect, it's the law in Wisconsin, the head must be visible while in transport until it is registered.

Comment

Yup! I agree with Golfing Sportsman. Here in WI you have to show the deer. Also, I always thought it was a good thing to display your trophy, no matter the size, buck or doe.

Comment

Up, but i would like to display my trophy like Benjiskokin does.

Comment

coulden agree mote with streack

Comment

more

Comment

Sometimes we have so many that we have to keep the tailgate down, but most of the time we ride on the tailgate, so it's open anyway.

Nate

Comment

Tailgate up or covered with a tarp. Respect for the animal and for other people. Keep the dirt and road grime off of it. If it is worth showing then it can be taken to a buck pole where others that appreciate it are congregated.

Comment

Have tail gate down and we ride on it but to go home it is up on the road.

Comment

You should respect the people and animal. Just because you have a deer doesnt mean you should do anything any differently.

Comment

I have the tail gate up. Not just for respect of the animal, but hunters already get frouned apon for just doing what we love. Where I'm from most of the people are hunters or don't mind it but sometimes I come through one of the bigger towns around us where theres a good chance someone wont like it. Don't want to give them anymore reasons to not like hunting.

Comment

Mine is up, so as to not rile the antis here in Jersey

Comment

Two reason why I would have it up. One, I think if its down, thats just another reason for the anti's out there to hate hunting and complain about it. Two, I know it wouldnt happen, but I wouldnt want the deer to fall out the back.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad