Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people putting up a fuss about hitting a deer in the head with a golf club to finish it off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hunterkid94
    replied
    well when your dieing we will all beat you like a pinyata with a golf club and see how you like your last moments. i mean seriosly do you(and those who have said its fine) have any ethics at all?

Leave a comment:

• deadeyedave08
    replied
    they are just jealous they havent had the oppurtunity

Leave a comment:

• mdhager115
    replied
    I understand what your coming at, but seriously there are better ways to put out a deer. You have a better chance of having a bullet, arrow, or arrow with you then a golf club, unless you are near your house, and even then, why are you hunting so close to your house? Bottom line: use other means other than hitting it with a golf club.

Leave a comment:

• MLH
    replied
    I probably deserved a couple of dunce cap awards when I was young ... perhaps even in recent times (just ask my girlfriends), and maybe again tomorrow but, please ... sit in a corner and think about why so many people are outraged by this. You're answering not only to the public but to sportsmen who love their sport.

Leave a comment:

• lovetohunt
    replied
    I think it's fine. It will knock them out cold and they won't feel a thing. And you don't have to go in with a knife and get kicked at.

Leave a comment:

• idahooutdoors
    replied
    If you are even asking that question you should not be hunting and you lack the respect and ethics every hunter should show towards his or her quarry. The taking of a game animal should be done with the utmost respect for that animal, and unnecessary barbaric cruelties set aside.

Leave a comment:

• Huntandtrap09
    replied
    I think it is just fine, but its not my bag

Leave a comment:

• four-wheelin
    replied
    Im just saying I dont think its that bad. If you spine a deer and that thing is swinging at you with its front legs you are going to have a hard time slitting it throat. so if you knock it out with a golf club it will make everything a lot easier.

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    Ask your self, would you like to have the coup de gras administered to you with a golf club? Bashing the head with a golf club is not a humane method of dispatching the animal, nor is it safe. Also, where does one holster a golf club?

The content of your questions tells me you probably need to re-evaluate your ethics.

Leave a comment:

• hnestle
    replied
    First of all it's not humane, and second it dangerous. That is a good way to get yourself hurt. Bullet $1.00 a golf club $50 not going to the hospital priceless.

Leave a comment:

• Jim in Mo
    replied
    Your last post about golf clubs got eliminated by editors. Why don't you get a clue idiot!

Leave a comment:

• rrmont
    replied
    I have to ask, just where do you keep this golf club when you're hunting? I've never even thought to take my nine iron out to the blind with me, I mean what's the point I have a gun.

Leave a comment:

• herbie57_57
    replied
    I don't even know where to start, I think everyone has pretty much brought up the major points, but seriously if you're worried about it getting up why would you want to get close enough to hit it with a golf club

Leave a comment:

• KMB33
    replied
    Rifle-check
    camo-check
    decoy-check
    sent killer-check
    golf club-check
    yea, i dont think so. Who is going to carry a golf club with them through the timber? Why dont you just use your brains and use the weapon you used to drop the animal in the first place. Think if you were in that animals place, would you want to get knocked out by a golf club then killed, or just killed? Be humane.

Leave a comment:

• FairChase
    replied
    And I thought your first question about what to do with coons and possums in a trap was bad. I was wrong. I was raised to respect wildlife. God put them here for our use. The least you can do is to harvest them humanely. Your part of the reason hunting is viewed negatively by the general public, and the rest of us have to constantly defend and fight for our sport. Sounds like you need a lesson in ethics, or better yet do the rest of us hunters a favor and take up another sport.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to TGIF; Off the Big Screen
    by fitch270
    A cult classic and one of my favorites. Soundtrack by Queen.

From “Highlander” ; “Who Wants to Live Forever”

Great live...
    Today, 12:01 PM
  • TGIF; Off the Big Screen
    by fitch270
    So I mentioned this last week, we’ve posted a few songs off soundtracks before but I think there’s loads of material left to cover. Not only are there...
    Yesterday, 11:01 PM
  • Reply to TGIF; Off the Big Screen
    by fitch270
    Not a musical. Needs no introduction.

Today, 11:54 AM
  • Reply to Real Quiet
    by Pmacc60
    Jim to answer your question , no ! Just new spins on old ideas . My opinion people resist original thinking because the would rather fail with something...
    Today, 11:44 AM
  • Real Quiet
    by jhjimbo
    Dosen't anybody have an original thought ?
    Today, 12:23 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X