Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people putting up a fuss about hitting a deer in the head with a golf club to finish it off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are people putting up a fuss about hitting a deer in the head with a golf club to finish it off?

Why are people putting up a fuss about hitting a deer in the head with a golf club to finish it off?

Because it's "not humane"

Nate

Comment

I'll start using golf clubs when the DNR makes a season for them, until then use your gun, bow, or knife.

Comment

because the deer might get up and head but you.

Comment

That is just wrong, you are inflicting more pain and you do not know if it is dead or in a coma. Use a little common sense. If the media ever heard of some hunter hitting a deer in the head with a golf club imagine how bad that would make us look. Why would you even have a golf club while you were hunting?

Comment

You dont just smoke it in the head and leave it. you hit it to knock it out then slit its throat. But you are right about the media there freakin retarted.

Comment

Yeah honestly...why would want to do something like that? Would you do that to a human who was in pain and wanted to be put out of his misery? I mean c'mon! What type of person has the urge to use a golf club to BASH an ANIMALS head in, instead of using a knife or I dont know...maybe the weapon used to down the deer in the first place!! Use your head....its just sick!

Comment

And I thought your first question about what to do with coons and possums in a trap was bad. I was wrong. I was raised to respect wildlife. God put them here for our use. The least you can do is to harvest them humanely. Your part of the reason hunting is viewed negatively by the general public, and the rest of us have to constantly defend and fight for our sport. Sounds like you need a lesson in ethics, or better yet do the rest of us hunters a favor and take up another sport.

Comment

Rifle-check
                  camo-check
                  decoy-check
                  sent killer-check
                  golf club-check
                  yea, i dont think so. Who is going to carry a golf club with them through the timber? Why dont you just use your brains and use the weapon you used to drop the animal in the first place. Think if you were in that animals place, would you want to get knocked out by a golf club then killed, or just killed? Be humane.

Comment

I don't even know where to start, I think everyone has pretty much brought up the major points, but seriously if you're worried about it getting up why would you want to get close enough to hit it with a golf club

Comment

I have to ask, just where do you keep this golf club when you're hunting? I've never even thought to take my nine iron out to the blind with me, I mean what's the point I have a gun.

Comment

Your last post about golf clubs got eliminated by editors. Why don't you get a clue idiot!

Comment

First of all it's not humane, and second it dangerous. That is a good way to get yourself hurt. Bullet $1.00 a golf club $50 not going to the hospital priceless.

Comment

Ask your self, would you like to have the coup de gras administered to you with a golf club? Bashing the head with a golf club is not a humane method of dispatching the animal, nor is it safe. Also, where does one holster a golf club?

The content of your questions tells me you probably need to re-evaluate your ethics.

Comment

Im just saying I dont think its that bad. If you spine a deer and that thing is swinging at you with its front legs you are going to have a hard time slitting it throat. so if you knock it out with a golf club it will make everything a lot easier.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Rest Easy
                                by FirstBubba
                                jimbo don't like me. LOL! 😉! I caught him and called his hand....
                                Today, 07:26 PM
                              • Rest Easy
                                by jhjimbo
                                Rest easy 2nd amendment, you are safe now - for the time being....
                                Yesterday, 08:55 PM
                              • Reply to More on crawfishin' lightfoot lindsey grahm
                                by FirstBubba
                                Talk about caught twixt a rock and a hard spot!
                                Never did like Graham. He just looks cheesy to me.

Did appreciate what Graham did for...
                                Today, 07:18 PM
                              • More on crawfishin' lightfoot lindsey grahm
                                by crm3006
                                Wow: Lindsey Graham Refuses to Issue Big Tech Subpoenas

Un-be-lievable.

Lindsey Graham swore up and down that he would
                                Today, 05:22 PM
                              • Reply to Rest Easy
                                by jhjimbo
                                I have blocked several that do not post anything worth reading, off topic wrong information, or pivoting on a thread.
                                The site is much more enjoyable...
                                Today, 07:02 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X