Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has the downturn in the economy had an impact on your outdoor activities. Are you going to be able to hunt and fish as much thi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The price of ammo has skyrocketed. What is it like 40 bucks a box for the cheap stuff. I have started to reload all of my own bullets now.

Comment

We've tightened our belt a bit, since we've experienced layoffs before and we take nothing for granted. Last summer's outrageous price of gasoline really impacted our roadtrips, and I believe we'll get another taste of that in the summer ahead. I agree with tyrell, the price of reloading components and ammunition has made a dent in my shooting budget. I reload ammunition for my rifles and sidearms, but I frequently use factory ammo in my .45 ACP for carry ammunition and cycle it through regularly, reloading the brass thereafter. My friends and family usually give me ammunition for birthdays or Christmas gifts, and that tapered off to Starbucks gift cards that cost half the price of a box of .45 hardball. A sporting goods chain that has been in business for years in the Northwest is closing its doors. We live in interesting times, gemtlemen.

Comment

I'm also one of the new guys that the company i worked for had to get rid of. It hasn't slowed me down on the hunting and fishing, but I have cut back for now on how far I drive to go out. Once I get a job going i'll be all over the place again.

Comment

The crappier my "real" life gets, the better getting out there feels.

Instead of banging your head against the wall, or running over that punk in the Honda with your 4x4, go shoot stuff. What better catharsis is there?

Comment

It has not effected my hunting and fishing trips or the amount I am able to go, but I have thought twice about buying some new equipment.

Comment

It has caused me to cancel the buying of a new nice pistol I wanted this year so far. And I don't dare look to hard at rifles either, unless I sell one of mine.

I do like paintball, and I basically canceled that last year, as it's pricey to go regularly. The better you get, the more supplies you use. You think ammo is expensive? Try $5 for AIR.

Comment

Jeff 4066.
                You got that right about paintball, my son hits me up for an extra few bucks when he goes. His gun? I wish our hunting rifles had the new gizmos he's added.

Comment

The economy will not affect me. Luckily I am still employed and I don't have any major upgrade purchases planned for my hunting/fishing gear.

Comment

I have to watch out on our spending due to the economic downturn were having right now!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad