Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has the downturn in the economy had an impact on your outdoor activities. Are you going to be able to hunt and fish as much thi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has the downturn in the economy had an impact on your outdoor activities. Are you going to be able to hunt and fish as much thi

Has the downturn in the economy had an impact on your outdoor activities. Are you going to be able to hunt and fish as much this year, did you have to cancel any guided trips, or if you are unemployed are you getting to hunt and fish more???

The economic downturn has not effected me at all. I am still going to be going hunting and fishing as much as I can. I do not spend that much money on either activities to enjoy them. You just have to think smart about your purchases.

Comment

The price of ammo has skyrocketed. What is it like 40 bucks a box for the cheap stuff. I have started to reload all of my own bullets now.

Comment

Ammo has definitely gone up. Thank goodness I stocked up this summer. I'll still be going up and fishing as much as possible, but as a college student its hard to find time anymore.

Comment

Nothing will stop me from going hunting (except maybe a law change, but even then i might be tempted.)

Nate

Comment

Well as much as it hurts me to say, I am one of those "unemployed". The economic downfall caused my job to cut back and put me on the bread line! But even with the economy and the fact that finding a job now is like finding a needle in a stack of needles, nothing will stop me from hunting or fishing. Its the one thing I know will be there to help me when/if times get real rough!
            Remember, if the world suddenly did go into depression, at least we know as hunters and fisherman that we still know how to live and fend for our families!

Comment

I would say the gas price increase that we saw last year, hurt some of my planned fishing trips. I would go to a closer lake, or not go at all. As for hunting: nothing will stop me from hunting, I save all year to go.

Comment

I am self-employed. When business is good I'm too busy to hunt and fish. When business is poor I'm too poor to hunt and fish. I'm at my best when things are in the middle which they are right now.

Comment

I still hunt all the time, but fishing is a different story. I don't have any lakes, ponds, streams close, so when I do get to go I plan on being gone for 2 or 3 days. I guess it really hasn't slowed me down any.

Comment

Not much affect as of now. I, like everyone else, am cutting back by choice. I save more than I used to, so that naturally cuts into things I used to spend on. I have not cancelled any trips but if I go to the range I take less ammo. I put off buying a new project rifle.

Comment

with gas prices down its much easier to go to my favorite places to fish. I still hunt locally and that's where ive noticed the difference in ammo prices

Comment

it dosent affect me at all because i go to school but it dosent affect me and my dad doing anything

Comment

My wife works in the sporting goods (fishing and hunting) retail trade. Her company has cut her salary by 20%. I am as of yet only affected by the increasing cost of living and have had no cost of living increases as of late. I am told not to expect any adjustments.

In short, yes it will affect my wife and I. We have had to put off a Western hunting trip and will have to carefully plan next years forays for certain.

If one looks to the future, the potential for ravenous inflation lurks with every dollar the Government throws at bail out attempts.

Life for my family is definitely not as good as it once was.

Comment

It has not affected me at all thus far. I am a bit worried about work this summer though.

Comment

I think that I will be better off this year. I get about 14 miles to the gallon, so there were alot less trips last year when gas was $3.50 a gallon. I hope it stays under $2.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
                                by 99explorer
                                The latest rumors on the pandemic.
                                They have just discovered that drinking cow urine protects against COVID-19.
                                Who'd have thunk it?
                                Today, 10:38 PM
                              • 16 Years
                                by jhjimbo
                                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                                08-12-2020, 09:20 PM
                              • Reply to 16 Years
                                by 99explorer
                                I love it when I have these guys on the ropes, with each one hoping the other will bail them out.
                                Hey CRM, have you heard any good conspiracy theories
                                Today, 10:19 PM
                              • Reply to Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
                                by FirstBubba
                                "... I should have been in Africa yesterday. Damned coronavirus! ..."
                                Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; Today, 06:25 PM.
                                Today, 10:15 PM
                              • Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
                                by derek7
                                Hi everyone,

I have one question regarding how to choose the right shotgun for myself. I want a 20 gauge semi auto with interchangeable barrel...
                                08-11-2020, 09:03 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X