Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the biggest hunting influence in your life? Have you thought of, or already have taken, another kid or non-hunter under

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    "My Father"!!!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    My GrandFather and my Fahter are the best mentor for Hunting in my Life!!!

Leave a comment:

• patch 1010
    replied
    Louis L'amour, I grew up with a white collar dad, who was never around so I spent a lot of time reading westerns. I read every Sackett book written and wanted to be like the sackett boys. I have started a 4-H archery program since my 3rd trip to the desert, and realizing that my kids need me and so do other kids need their fathers. I now have more than 23 signed up with one family and 4 fathers in the mix. We shoot 3-D and several are hunting now.

Leave a comment:

• buckeye
    replied
    My uncle, and I have not had to opportunity to take any youngsters yet.

Leave a comment:

• idduckhntr
    replied
    my dad and grampa. and now my 7 year year old loves to tag along with me esspecialy taking the dog and kickin up a couple pheasants.

Leave a comment:

• rrmont
    replied
    huskerguy, that last part really didn't sound too good. I've never checked to see if my huntin buddy was wearin undies.

Leave a comment:

• huskerguy
    replied
    My mom got me hooked on fishing when I was a little guy just big enough to fish. I got into hunting myself but wasn't until I went with my buddy and his dad to go bow hunting for deer.Never looked back. Now I'm taking my little brothers and sisters with me. Told one of my sisters that if she wore underwear I'd take her hunting with me, and she did.

Leave a comment:

• buddyboy564
    replied
    My grandpa and my dad, i never got to hunt with my grandpa but i know he was a great hunter and has killed many deer as well as my dad

Leave a comment:

• buck hunter 17
    replied
    I would have to say my friend that is 13 because he told me all these stories so i asked my dad at least one time a day and he let me go. I would have to say my friend and and my dad.

Leave a comment:

• idahooutdoors
    replied
    Great replies guys, keep them coming. I love to hear discussions and stories about the positive side of hunting.

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    My Dad was my influence in hunting and fishing. He always had time for me. He always had patience. He always answered my questions no matter how dumb they may have been.

I passed this on at first to my wife who was a city girl. She soon developed a passion for the outdoors and has become a very good deer hunter and decent wing shot.

We both passed it on to our son. He is now involed in business but still takes time to get out when he can.

I hope one day to pass it to a grandchild.

My wife and I both teach hunter ed (she started before me) and do our best to instill honest values and ethics in our students. We also take kids hunting that would not have a chance otherwise. Giving back is part of the deal...

Leave a comment:

• VT Outdoorsman
    replied
    My best friends dad. First time he took me out with them was to help track a buck he had shot. Ive loved hunting ever since. I am now taking my two younger brothers under my wing.

Leave a comment:

• rrmont
    replied
    My dad was my influence, I take a friends son with me now he's 12. I've taken him deer, phesant and goose hunting and he loves it.

Leave a comment:

• s-kfry
    replied
    My dad. He grew up in SW Colorado but move to NJ to marry mom (the marriage was good, staying in NJ was not). We didn't get to hunt at all when kids but did get to fish a fair amount and dad was always trying to find new places in the suburbs to do that.

We did get to shoot when we visited family out west and even got in some prairie dog hunting on a ranch once before I left for college. About 4 years ago my family and I moved back to CO and over Christmas vacation dad and I got to do some small game hunting. Nothing out of the ordinary but the chance to drop a few rabbits with dad was awesome.

Should the Good Lord allow us to stay here I am really looking forward to the day I can take each of my kids out for their first rabbit, first trout, first deer and elk. But, to prepare we are getting them out into nature, camping and the such, now so that they are comfortable without their soft beds, warm house, etc.

Leave a comment:

• deadeye59
    replied
    With out a doubt it was/is my Dad

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad