Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best and easiest way to get a public land map for hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Download it from Google Earth!!!

Leave a comment:

• Big C
    replied
    I agree with most abouve that your local DNR should be able to help.

Leave a comment:

• CavRecon
    replied
    Sorry, that URL got mangled. Try this one:

http://tinyurl.com/3ebfg4

Leave a comment:

• CavRecon
    replied
    You can download USGS topo maps of anywhere in the united states at:

http://store.usgs.gov/b2c_usgs/usgs/maplocator/(xcm=r3standardpitrex_prd&layout=6_1_61_50_2&uiare a=2&ctype=areaDetails&carea=0000000009)/.do

Leave a comment:

• FloridaHunter1226
    replied
    I would say google earth. But if you want something more detailed, you might want to do an online check, but you might have to pay for it.

Leave a comment:

• CPT BRAD
    replied
    I like goggle earth. I can even get it on my Iphone and have used it several times both around town and on the river. Other than that local Game and Fish or go online for a topo service. If you need gridlines I'd go online.

Leave a comment:

• Christian Emter
    replied
    Go to your fish wildlife and parks or check with the forest service.

Leave a comment:

• kjflorian
    replied
    I agree with everybody's answers above. If those don't work, try a local library or university library. Especially if there is a college in town, the one I went to had a good selection of them to view.

Leave a comment:

• Northbound Guide
    replied
    call the geological society or the game and fish department for your area you want to hunt. Also contact a wildlife biologist in the area you are going to hunt. They have lots of info that might not be updated on maps. example: public roads that are now private, impassable roads, etc.

Leave a comment:

• cjmurdoch
    replied
    If you are asking about "public lands" thatyou are allowed to hunt on, any USGS topo map has loads of info. If you're wondering about "public land" that is being leased or is hard to access, your State Department of Lands should have a good website that will allow you to filter down to the area that you are looking to hunt in and show you fence boundaries, information on who to call for permission, etc. Our state F & G website has a feature called Access YES! that shows private land that has een made available to the public for hunting/fishing and who to call for permission. I hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• jerry k
    replied
    Your local division of wildlife should have them.

Leave a comment:

• T
    replied
    All of these above are good ways to find maps and you can also go to the courthouse (maybe) and get a your lands map from them (again I say maybe). And like jbonifer said you can check with your local conservation or wildlife agency.

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    Here is one for free. Try Google Maps or Google Earth. Some of the maps don't have a great deal of detail. But about 80% of the time I can down load useful satellite maps complete with roads or terrain details.

Leave a comment:

• kvlazer22
    replied
    You can try a GPS for there are plenty of topography data you can buy for the devices.

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    Nice guppy dar HillbillyDeluxe!
    Wal-Mart carries a great Topo map book of the state that I use along with my iFINDER® Hunt™ C Handheld that also shows hunting units and forest boundaries and a bunch more. I also carry SPOT and my GPS at all times outdoors!

www.findmespot.com
    GPShttp://www.lowrance.com/en/Products/Outdoors/iFINDER-Hunt-C/

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad