Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know if wild boars are in Michigan yet? Cause I want to shoot one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know if wild boars are in Michigan yet? Cause I want to shoot one.

Does anyone know if wild boars are in Michigan yet? Cause I want to shoot one.

If I'm not mistaken there isn't any wild boar yet, but you can shoot any feral pigs you see anytime of the year without a license

Comment

no i haven't seen one yet

Comment

Yes, there are feral hogs in Michigan. Russian boars escaped from high fence areas. Perfect environment for them. Now mixed in with the feral pigs and potbellies that have gone wild. Nice to know there could be heavy duty sharp tusks behind the stump when you're out there hunting morels. I feel under-gunned while bow or upland hunting nowadays.

There is a old and long post in the michigan-sportsman.com General Michigan Hunting forum. Here's a link:

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194817

DNR site also discusses feral swine, showing maps of sightings and kills. If you see them shoot them, eat them, and report them. No closed season.

Comment

Oh! ***NOT legal*** to take them in all Michigan counties, yet. Check the MI DNR site.

Comment

Yall had better get a handle on them. They are a problem if left to their own devices.

Comment

They are ridiculous... i live in Florida and they are a bug problem here. They tear up everything. But man, are they fun to shoot! It gives you something to do year-round while everything else is out of season

Comment

I think the ferals are there now. I've seen some in OH near the border.

Have fun!

Comment

MLH- I thought the DNR isuued a statement last deer season allowing eveyone who has any type of hunting license to shoot them if they see them and then report it??? I know there around, a fellow hunter shot one 2 yrs. ago 3 miles from my house.

Comment

wallofsam, check this link to the DNR feral swine site:

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10363-155439--,00.html

Note that not all counties allow shooting of feral swine. See the link to the map. I have yet to see one or even signs of one.

Comment

I have some friends who are boring and from Michigan. Just joking as they are wonderful people from an absolutely gorgeous state. Actually there are many people in Wyoming who migrated here from Michigan and from Pennsylvania in recent years including some of my hunting pards.

Comment

Feral swine are in MI and you can shoot them year round if you have any type of hunting license.

Comment

ok, I know of wild boar or wild pigs tearing up two lawns for a fact in clare county, mi...My mom's for one, but they or it was only there 2-3 days, then moved on and my friends house, 1 week later and it is only 6miles from my mom's house...she took pictures of what they or it did to her lawn. Definitley, wild pigs or boars, from my research. I can't beleive that noone else is having this problem recently.

Comment

I have not seen one there right now!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad