Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had to choose your weapon for big game (bow,rifle,black-powder) what would ya' choose and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I like Bow also!!!

Leave a comment:

• CavRecon
    replied
    Rifle.

Leave a comment:

• hjohn429
    replied
    Bows for anything under 1200 pounds. Big-bore rifles for the rest.

Leave a comment:

• Christian Emter
    replied
    Rifle. Because I am new with bows and don't know a thing about black powder rifles.

Leave a comment:

• lukem
    replied
    bow, just because i like bowhunting more and the season's longer

Leave a comment:

• Alex Williams
    replied
    Rifle because there is more range and power and in a 300WSM as it could take anything from whitetail to bear.

Leave a comment:

• weavto
    replied
    A .243 because they are good all around guns

Leave a comment:

• mdhager115
    replied
    Definately a bow. I think that using a bow is tougher and is a much more fair chase for the game being hunted. It also brings us back to our primitive times. Hunting to survive. I understand using guns but I prefer a bow, even though these days they are very complicated.

Leave a comment:

• rezavoirdog
    replied
    Compound Bow, because where I hunt (both rifle and bow), I see the most game and the biggest Bulls and Bucks during Archery Season, September-October.

Leave a comment:

• s-kfry
    replied
    Rifle, like ishawooa above I don't have time for more than one method of take for hunting. Beyond that, if I was hunting bear, it would definitely be a rifle, not playing with sticks and stones when the bears are about.

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    Archery, for a simple reason, with a rifle if I can see it I can hit it and that takes the challenge out of it!

Leave a comment:

• buckeye
    replied
    MY shotgun

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    At this point in my life probably a traditional style muzzleloader

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    replied
    I'd take my Bow. Might not have as much success, but when i do it's more rewarding and more exciting because it's so close.

Leave a comment:

• lovetohunt
    replied
    Shotgun because you have the option of buckshot and slugs.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad