Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the biggest (size) animal you have ever shot and how foar did you have to travel to hunt it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the biggest (size) animal you have ever shot and how foar did you have to travel to hunt it?

What is the biggest (size) animal you have ever shot and how foar did you have to travel to hunt it?

I've packed out a few bull elk on my back about 2 miles. Maybe that's why I have a bad back now.

Comment

Worse tracking I ever had, tracked a wounded buck for 2 days and 15 miles through brush and briars, and never did find the buck.

Comment

Shot a 40 inch Bull Moose many years ago near Cantwell Alaska with my M700 Classic in 350 Rem. Mag. One shot bang flop kill. Was lucky enough could drive truck right up to him in a dry creek bed.

Comment

Biggest was elk I traveled to Colorado. Farthest was axis deer in Hawaii.

Comment

First - I would like to sit down with Del in KS just to hear all of his hunting stories.

Biggest for me was a 360" 6x7 bull elk. Shot it when I lived in CO, only had to travel about 2 hrs.

Comment

Shot a cow elk in Utah that took 5 guys 6 hours to get out of the canyon. I have no clue how much it weighted but she was big. My guess is 1800 miles to get there. The furthest hunt was a Northen Manitoba bear hunt.

Comment

190 pound buck five minutes down the road. Drove right up and threw him in the back.

Comment

I shot a 175lb. whitetail (dressed). Big 8 pt. I was better than 5 miles from the truck. Was 5 miles before we started hunting and then we were about a mile up the ravine. Was a 6.5 hour drag. Me and my lil' bro for half the drag, then help arrived in my dad and cousin. Great hunt.

Comment

whew! that sounds like some work. and i agree with you kjflorian, Del in KS seems to have done everything and have some wonderful stories. He should have his own forum/ blog on this website where he could post is own stories. it would be a daily read for me!

Comment

Alex, you're right. According to his photos, Del should have his own page. As an outdoorsman, i'm a bit envious.

Comment

Whitetail did not have to go anywhere.

Comment

Sept, 8 1989, biggest critter was a Bull Moose. Although I was able to pull it across the creek with 2 4x4 ATV’s, crossing the creek with the rope minus boots and pants was cold cold cold! Half way across the creek I noticed a beaver dam 100 yards downstream I could have crossed, BBBUUUURRRRR!!!!

Anyone says taking a Moose is easy is telling you the big lie! Pull the trigger and the work begins!!!

I could have taken it with my 22-250, shot it right behind the ear with a 338 Win Mag!

Comment

5x5 bull elk, drove 4 hours, shot him 1/2 mile south of camp.

Comment

My first elk this year a 5x5. we traveled 40 miles on highway, and 4 miles on horseback.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad