Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the differences between Pope & Young and Boone & Crockett? Which do you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the differences between Pope & Young and Boone & Crockett? Which do you prefer?

What are the differences between Pope & Young and Boone & Crockett? Which do you prefer?

Pope & Young is for animals taken with a bow only, Boone & Crockett is for everything.

I prefer neither. Hunting isn't a contest. Well...

Comment

Ok that makes sense. Sure it isnt a contest, but it is always good to give hunters something to strive for. That then results in better land and heard management which turns into healthier deer. Thank you

Comment

I'd rather harvest an animal with my bow. That being said I'm a hunter first and foremost.

Comment

If somebody wants to hold out for a bigger buck I am fine with that. As long as it is fair chase and they eat the meat. I would love to shoot a mule deer that makes the book, 190 inches to get into B&C

Comment

Scoring doesn't matter to me, its about your expirience, meat, and then the size of the game. I've never scored any of my animals and I don't plan to. A trophy in my eyes are better than a trophy by score. But Pope and Young is game took by a bow and Boone Crockett is all game

Comment

Haven't killed a Pope and Young yet, but I will

Comment

Boone and Crockett because they are great hunters.

Comment

P&Y is for Bow only animals. B&C will list either.

Comment

The Boone and Crockett Club was founded by Teddy Roosevelt. Originally as big game conservation organization. The first competition was held around 1932, and the criteria formalized, I believe, in 1952. Today's competitive environment has detracted from the original purpose, which was to honor special animals and to note the location of harvest. It is still a premier conservation organization.

Comment

Pope and Young are trophies taken with a bow While Boone and Crooket are trophies taken with a gun

Comment

Boone and Crockett!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad