Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a 3006 chambered to a 3008 mag. Are mag Shells the same as a norma mag shells and if so where can I purchase the shells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a 3006 chambered to a 3008 mag. Are mag Shells the same as a norma mag shells and if so where can I purchase the shells

I have a 3006 chambered to a 3008 mag. Are mag Shells the same as a norma mag shells and if so where can I purchase the shells ? The conversion was done years ago Any help is appreciated Ken

I think you might have that 3008 mag part wrong or perhaps someone mis-stamped the barrel. Why don't you examine it again and see if you can give us some more info? I'm thinking it might be a .308 Norma Magnum but this is a guess so don't buy the cartridges and attempt to shoot them without first having your trusty gunsmith make a verification.

Comment

Thanks you for you advice and quick response. . I am told the a gunsmith named Grossmen from Norwood Ohio made the weapon. Very nice. His name is stamped on the barrel along with 308 mag. Was there ever a shell called just named 308 Mag.?

Comment

ish,
        I don't know just asking, but would a 308Norma mag. fit into a 06 action or even the mag? There is about .8 inch difference.

Comment

I meant .08

Comment

Jim in Mo
            Yes a 308 Norma Mag fits in the standard lenght action, my brother has one in a 700 Remington.

Comment

I think Ish is correct. It is probably a .308 Norma Mag. Have a gunsmith cast the chamber to determine the chambering. The norma mag will fit a standard lenght action. Ammo for this cartridge can be hard to find. Most folks I know that shoot it reload.

Comment

The only .308 Norma I know of is one that a guy bought from the original Herter's. I have not seen it in a long time but seems I remember it was a standard length BSA action. Another local oddity is my friend's 7 x 61 Sharpe & Hart custom on a Mauser '98 action. The rifle is about 50 years old but shoots great and is used every fall.

Comment

$$$

Comment

$$$

Comment

$$$

Comment

$$$

Comment

$$$

Comment

$$$

Comment

$$$

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad