Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am moving to Maine soon for college and one of the benefits is I am able to hunt in the surrounding area for moose, bear, and

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeffrey.cote23@gmail.com
    replied
    a .308 or a 30-30

Leave a comment:

• PAShooter
    replied
    35 Whelen.

Leave a comment:

• kolbster
    replied
    i would go with a 30-06 or a 7mm mag.

Leave a comment:

• kolbster
    replied
    i would go with a 30-06 or a 7mm mag.

Leave a comment:

• Northbound Guide
    replied
    .300 ultra mag The best all around large game gun on the market. Super flat shooting and does it ever pack a big punch on the biggest game.

Leave a comment:

• bigajvigs
    replied
    HunterKid are you from Maine?

Leave a comment:

• HunterKid
    replied
    they also got a lot of new ones and even some left handed ones too

Leave a comment:

• HunterKid
    replied
    what i would do is wait to buy a rilfecuz in maine theres a store called Kittery Trading Post and they have like thousands of guns that r used but not really bad they have a website where u can cheak out the guns the website is KTP.com and then go to shooting sports and then go to used gun libary

Leave a comment:

• bigajvigs
    replied
    Have you both heard of the new Marlin SBL? Its the 1895 guide gun with an extended rail, ghost ring sights, and a big loop lever, chambered in .45/70...Thats what I was thinking of or the XLR...what do you think?

Leave a comment:

• Chris Carpenter
    replied
    I'd go with the .45/70 also, i also might forget about the bolt action for the sake of faster reload rate just in case a bear or a moose wants to mess with you. Look at the Marin 1895 XLR.

Leave a comment:

• Ruff Grouse and Woodcock
    replied
    I would go with your .45-70 lever action. Also, you could try a bolt action 30-06 from Browning.

Leave a comment:

• I am moving to Maine soon for college and one of the benefits is I am able to hunt in the surrounding area for moose, bear, and

I am moving to Maine soon for college and one of the benefits is I am able to hunt in the surrounding area for moose, bear, and whitetail deer. I am in the market for a new rifle that would fit the bill for all 3 species of game...What is the best caliber for the latter? (I was thinking of a Marlin lever-action in .45-70...)Thanks for the help

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad