Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need to know how to find the date of manufacture on my new Browning A5s I got two today one with an FN 243XXX and the other is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to know how to find the date of manufacture on my new Browning A5s I got two today one with an FN 243XXX and the other is

I need to know how to find the date of manufacture on my new Browning A5s I got two today one with an FN 243XXX and the other is OV 287XX are these forties model guns or am I not reading them correctly? Thanks CB

the browning website has a place you can input the sreial number and it will tell you date and place of manufacture.

Comment

Looks like 1947 and 1950.

http://www.browning.com/customerservice/dategun/detail.asp?id=13

Comment

Thanks Buckhunter thats what I was getting But the V was coming up unde a 58 model. I didn't know what the letters meant in front of the numbers. Thnanks again!

Comment

No problem Capt. You can call the customer service number for Browning and they will be able to tell you what the letters are for.

Comment

Check this out.

http://www.browning.com/customerservice/qna/detail.asp?ID=197

Comment

CPT BRAD, since your post I reached deep into the gun safe and pulled out my A-5's yesterday morning. The kid and I went pheasant hunting probably for the last time this winter. We alternated with the 12 and the 20 both with 26" IC vent barrels. The afternoon hunt produced 17 birds in our bag (no limit as it was on a friend's bird farm with the wildest, meanest, and fastest roosters I have ever seen). The old A-5's were literally a blast to shoot, never failed a single time, and reminded me of the old days down south where they were used for bob white quail. Thanks for bringing up this question or I probably would have just taken the BSE's or SKB O/U's. I sure enjoyed those A-5's. By the way the kid made the longest shot at 45 yards from gunner to where the bird fell using the twenty.

Comment

Dang Ish tell young man good shooting. I took both mine out yesterday and the 2 3/4 shot like a sewing machine. The 3 inch not so much, I will have to check the rings out as it only single shot. There are kits on eBay for 65 dollars.

Comment

Good answer buckhunter and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad