Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want a semi auto shotgun under 650 dollars.I am only 12 so i dont want anything kicking my shoulder off either.Can you give ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a semi auto shotgun under 650 dollars.I am only 12 so i dont want anything kicking my shoulder off either.Can you give ad

I want a semi auto shotgun under 650 dollars.I am only 12 so i dont want anything kicking my shoulder off either.Can you give advice about which shotgun to get?

mossberg remington and others all sell youth shotguns similar to the ones the grownups use like the old 870 express. an 870 might just about right for you at your age. they don't kick hard and good for most purposes.

Comment

thanks but i dont really want a youth shotgun b/c i want one i can use forever until it messes up.

Comment

Beretta 390's and the Remington 11-87 are both good auto loaders. I picked up an Ithaca 51 recently and love it.

Comment

search the used gun racks and look for a remington 1100. It is soft shooting and you ought to be able to find a used one for your price range.

Comment

thanks for the advice i will look at all of these guns

Comment

Depends on if you want to go with new or used.
              A benelli will be about 375 for the pump or a Franchi semi-auto by Benelli for 650. A Mossberg pump rifled combo pack will be around 350 and an 870 would be close to 350. You could throw in about another 100 to get the Remington 1100. You can get a lot of these depending on wear for a good price used. Shop around at stores and online.

Comment

Good overall shotgun for someone young or with a light body frame you may want to consider the Benelli M2 Field w/ComforTech Semi-Auto Shotgun or a Franchi Model 612 620 which allows users to adjust the gas system. The semi-auto's will lessen the recoil to a noticeable degree then

Comment

Buy a Remington 11-87 sportsman. Mine was only $550 at Gander Mountain. I love it, I shot well over 2500 rounds through it and is still fine. I shoot deer, rabbits, and trap with it.

Comment

I have been looking at the 11-87 sportsman online and it looks good and from what you said it's a good gun.I think i will get the 11-87 sportsman but i dont know because i have not looked at all of the guns that ya'll have recomended.

Comment

I have a stoager m2000 its a great reliable gun comes in 12 and 20 and is easy to clean and only $450

Comment

Check out Stoeger's semi-auto. The company was bought by Benelli, and they have the same inertia-driven mechanics of a $1000+ Benelli. They sell them for $499 @ the Bass Pro close to me. A Benelli rep @ the store told me you're basically getting a Benelli @ under $500. It's pistol-gripped, and fully camoed. If I was in the market for a new 12guage, I would hands down by one, and when my son turns 12, I'll probably buy him one. Good luck!

Comment

i have a Remington 1100 20ga and 12ga i love both of them i got my 20ga when i was 12 it doesnt kick at all i love that gun.

Comment

Buy a remington 11-87 or 1100. They are reliable, and are in 12 ga. They don't kick too bad. Never get a youth shotgun. Get something you can grow into. I got a mossberg 500 pump when I was 12. It has served me well, helping me bag numerous ducks and geese, even the occasional dove or crow.

Comment

I concur with jbird. Stoeger makes a great gun. I believe it was just featured in a recent issue...or was that the "other magazine" oops, I don't know

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad