Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Judge - Does anyone have this gun? I saw one last night for the first time. What a cool little gun. How does it shoot? I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Judge - Does anyone have this gun? I saw one last night for the first time. What a cool little gun. How does it shoot? I

The Judge - Does anyone have this gun? I saw one last night for the first time. What a cool little gun. How does it shoot? I think it would be a blast to shoot a 410 out of such a small gun. Thougts?

Not much fun! .45 Long Colt is a biotch in a short light pistol as is a .410 3" load.

Comment

Not much fun! .45 Long Colt is a biotch in a short light pistol as is a .410 3" load. I shot both out of one a guy had at my skeet club (.410 only).

Comment

(At the Skeet club that is) I even hit one with it.

Comment

I shot one a couple weeks ago. With the .410 load it is really a close range firearm. The pattern was almost totally dissapated at just 20 feet.

Comment

Try to order one. One local gun shop can't keep them in. It just seems to be a neet gun to own.

Comment

A friend of mine has one. He calls it his "door" gun--as in the gun you use if a bad guy breaks down your front door. From what I hear, Moishe is right--it kicks hard. It made me think when you call it "little" and "small" because I was thinking of it as a really big handgun. But you're right--for those loads, 410 & 45 long, that's really a tiny little gun.

Comment

The biggest I have seen is a 3 1/2" Barrel ( I think that's what it was ). It really recoiled pretty hard, if it had a 6" it would be more manageable I think. I would rather use my S&W 686 Plus with Hollowpoint's for the vermin likely to kick in my door. ( Or the 1911 with Hollowpoints).

Comment

They make it with a longer barrel too. 6 or 6.5 I think.

Comment

Ive heard the accuracy is very poor, but from my understanding it is intended for close quarter defense.Saw a similated carjacking scenerio with an "orange peel" man shaped target.The driver shot at it out the passenger side window with .410 00 buck, and DESTROYED it.Think its on youtube.

Comment

I held one a few weeks back. A very interesting little gun. Havent heard alot of good about it but the people I heard it from are like alot who answerd here. Its not designed for hunting or fun. its designed with self protection in mind. A 410 buckshot at 5-10 feet will do some severe dammage in an attack! Thats what it was designed for. Close range combat! For that the kick and pattern dont make a differece as long as you get to walk away!

Comment

Jestr1 Your right of course but I would still prefer my 686 Plus or 1911 with hollow points because they are but more "efficient".

Comment

Double-ought buck in a .410? What's that, about four pellets? I thought there was a 16" barrel length limit on shotguns?

Comment

The 16" barrel limit is on stocked guns. Since "sawed-off" shotguns are illegal in most places, I always wondered about the legality of shooting someone with a pistol chambered for shotgun shells.

But I have some CCI pistol rounds with shot. So it must be legal.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad