Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm looking for a new shotgun because the one i have isn't ejecting the shell. My dad is telling me to by a pump so i don't have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Remington 870!

Leave a comment:

• blackdawgz
    replied
    I love the Belellis For $1,000 less, I got the Nova.

Leave a comment:

• Sportsman Matt
    replied
    Curious what semi auto you have, and why it isn't ejecting shells. I had that problem with a Browning A5 20 gauge, the internal extractor broke off, so when the shell came back it wasn't in proper alignment to eject and would jam. I disassembled the action, and found the broken extractor. One call to Gun Parts Corporation and I had the new extractor for less than $15.00 with shipping and a wait of 5 days. That was 4 years and 2500 rounds ago. I find that if the gun is comfortable to shoot, then the small investment in time to fix it is worth more than buying something that you have to get used to over again.

Leave a comment:

• em17
    replied
    i have a 40 year old ithaca pump and it has not messed up on me yet but i live in georgia and are not used to a bunch of ducks flying into a pond at one time. all i had was a pump and the ducks would be coming into the pond and i couldnt hardly pump it fast enough.like i said i have no trouble with my ithaca but i would prefer a semi auto for waterfowl b/c it shoots faster.

Leave a comment:

• BamaCreekBum
    replied
    I prefer pump but I like semi autos too. My duck gun is a Benelli Super Nova and I love it. Its super reliable and easy to clean.

Leave a comment:

• idduckhntr
    replied
    save the money,keep your gun and take it to a gunsmith and tell them to put a new extractor in.

Leave a comment:

• herbie57_57
    replied
    Its more personal preference, I can make pretty quick follow ups with my BPS pump but I do like some of the newer semi autos are nice shooting guns, but every gun jams just some more than others. I've found some loads jam more in my gun than others it could be your ammo not your gun.

Leave a comment:

• KMB33
    replied
    I would get a pump. A pump like the remington 870 just doesnt stop shooting. Plus you can pump one pretty fast with some practice and patience. We have gotten dirt in the ejector, popped it out, and it didnt even slow it down, it just kept going.

Leave a comment:

• ETangler
    replied
    Remmington Semi-auto

Leave a comment:

• lovetohunt
    replied
    Automatic for quicker fallow ups. I would go with a Remington 11-87 Sportsman. I have never had mine jam on me (nock on wood). And it was ony 550 dollars.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    Listen to your father.

Leave a comment:

• buckshot89
    replied
    i've shot both. i prefer the pump... i feel like i have more control over the firearm. plus the 870 always goes bang.

Leave a comment:

• Christian Emter
    replied
    Try pump. It don't hurt to know how to operate an automatic and a pump.

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    RebeccaAnn,

Stick with the semi-auto. Just make sure the stock fits you. Many are made in women's stock size. Remington is one that comes to mind, not sure of the others. Semi-auto's have less recoil and you don't have to move to cycle in another round. A good thing if you Turkey hunt and don't want to be seen.

Leave a comment:

• teufelhunden
    replied
    I shoot semi-auto's almost exclusively. The trick is with a new semi-auto you cannot shoot the cheap low brass ammo. I shot a buddies new Stoeger 2000 yesterday, it is built with the Benelli action in a Stoeger gun. It is inertia driven and did extremely well with high brass dove loads. We only had one jam and that was with a low brass #8 after about 500 rounds. If we had bothered to clean it or oil it before the jam it may not have happened. It is well worth the less than $400 price tag.

If money is not that much of a concern Beretta, Remington, and Bennelli are the way to go.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad