Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm looking for a new shotgun because the one i have isn't ejecting the shell. My dad is telling me to by a pump so i don't have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPT BRAD
    replied
    First of all what are you shooting now and what's wrong with it. if it is just a worn out extractor or something minor & you like the gun have it fixed. They are not throw away guns.

That said if you don't like it sell it and get a Remington 11-87 or a Winchester SX2. My Brother shoots an 11-87 and has every year for Dove and Ducks and has had no problems. I shoot an SX2 and love it. Its a soft shooting gun that I can use all day.

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    Rebecca Ann,

Pump guns are very reliable. But so are today's semi auto's. Pump guns will be cheaper. Gas operated semi auto shotguns provide some recoil reduction. The most important consideration is making sure the gun you purchase fits you as far a stock lenght and drop.

Leave a comment:

• rrmont
    replied
    If you are used to an auto then I would stick with it. Todays autos are very reliable, like the Benilli or the Remington. Either one would be a good choice. I shoot a pump right now, but I plan on buying an auto before next season.

Leave a comment:

• I'm looking for a new shotgun because the one i have isn't ejecting the shell. My dad is telling me to by a pump so i don't have

I'm looking for a new shotgun because the one i have isn't ejecting the shell. My dad is telling me to by a pump so i don't have to worry about the shell getting stuck while 100 geese are over my head. The only thing is i'm used to an automatic, So what's your preference? Pump or Automatic? why?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad