Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I recently got the Remington 870 12ga ShurShot Turkey gun and I love it. Would I be able to swap the barrel out for Super Slug b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• codyboyd
    replied
    the 870 is the most versitile gun out there. you just have to buy one.

Leave a comment:

• thuroy
    replied
    I have the super slug 870 with the sure shot stock. I love it, but the 25 1/2 inch barrel is pinned to the reciever. However, they do have shorter 23 inch barrels as options.

Leave a comment:

• Dbetzner
    replied
    Yes you sure can. My sugjestion is if you want to use a scope is to get one with the cantaliver scope mount.This way you can swap barrels and still keep the scope zeroed.

Leave a comment:

• metsfan6734@yahoo.com
    replied
    I got on of them too and love it! and yes you can get slug barrels for it, just make sure its the right one!

Leave a comment:

• Jere Smith
    replied
    I think Remington barrels retail for about 250 or so, but it's a good investment.

Leave a comment:

• jordjohn44
    replied
    Sure can. I think the barrels sell for somewhere around $100. Its a great gun.

Leave a comment:

• K. Oney
    replied
    ABSOLUTELY! my 870 wingmaster throws slugs beautifully. if i may make a suggestion, however, i suggest you using a Hastings slug barrel. they are made very well. also, if you get a rifled slug barrel, use sabot slugs. they perform much better than traditional lead slugs. or, you can just use rifled slugs in your smoothbore barrel, just be sure to take the choke out first. best of luck.

Leave a comment:

• I recently got the Remington 870 12ga ShurShot Turkey gun and I love it. Would I be able to swap the barrel out for Super Slug b

I recently got the Remington 870 12ga ShurShot Turkey gun and I love it. Would I be able to swap the barrel out for Super Slug barrel and use it for deer hunting? Thanks in advance

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad