Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couldn’t help my self see post question is long.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

what do you keep it loaded with. ?
    2-3/4 inch OO, eight rounds

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

That's what I have beside my bed too PH, only loaded with 2-3/4" magnum Nicole plated #4's. My 870 only holds 6 though. Doesn't have the extended tube.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
        Curious Dawg: why a slug gun where you live? Just because? You've got some great rifles, you don't hunt deer all that much, so I'm again confused. You would not want a gun that punishes on the range then sits in a closet, right? Enlighten me compadre.
        We have both rifle and shotgun/muzzleloader zones. Where I live and I want to have my bases covered. And I figure why the hell knot. Sometime I get the proverbial wild hair. I already have a defensive shot gun. Have two super mags. Thought what the hell. I may go ahead make a 20 [email protected] a slug gun. But I bought them for my grandsons so I don’t really want to use them. Guess I will have to buy another one for me. It would sit a lot your right but if the opportunity comes up I don’t want to be empty handed. And there is public ground close to me that opens a few days a year that doesn’t require a permit. And it’s shotguns of black powder. And I figure a pump would be well suited for the hunting it’s all very thick.

Comment

That’s what stays in my maverick 88 8 rounds next to my ar pistol. And my carbine and several loaded pistols. Loaded in the safe. I only leave one loaded out no kids in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post

That’s what stays in my maverick 88 8 rounds next to my ar pistol. And my carbine and several loaded pistols. Loaded in the safe. I only leave one loaded out no kids in the house.
            We've got a very unsafe house for kids with loaded firearms hidden in various spots. We don't babysit the great grandkids so there's never unsupervised children in the home. However, I do a safety put-away before family gatherings at Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post

That's what I have beside my bed too PH, only loaded with 2-3/4" magnum Nicole plated #4's. My 870 only holds 6 though. Doesn't have the extended tube.
              20 years ago, I caught a good sale on 00 and purchased 140 rounds. Short of an end-of-the-world event, there's no way I'll ever shoot it all. So, I've given some to family and friends and still have plenty.

Comment

20 years ago, I caught a good sale on 00 and purchased 140 rounds. Short of an end-of-the-world event, there's no way I'll ever shoot it all. So, I've given some to family and friends and still have plenty.
                I did the same thing years ago and do the same before family gatherings myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
                  Bought another 870 mag express today at a pawn shop.

Thinking of making dedicated slug gun. Trigger work and all.

I want eliminate the slop between the receiver and the barrel.

I only know of two ways. Epoxy or drill and thread with a couple of screws or set screws.

I know I could buy a bolt slug gun, don’t want one.

Has anyone tried any of these. I’ve seen it done never tried it. I figure epoxy is the easiest to get back to normal if I screw it up.

thought ideas suggestions.
                  https://www.range365.com/5-ways-upgrade-your-slug-gun

Comment

Well, sir.
                    Let us know what you do and how it works out! Pictures!
                    Good luck, mi amigo!

Comment

You can build up the bbl hood/flange and magtube area w tape for tight fit. Not too many layers/ tight or tape will rip. Tap bbl on w wooden block and then leave it together til after season.
                      I used Kapton tape from work. Being a smoothbore I dunno if it really helped as I tried only one slug (bought a bunch on closeout) so was gonna run it w em no matter what.

Last rifled rig needed nothing to shoot 1.5" at 100 yds. Trigger job and drill and tap receiver and was good to go.

High comb stock was used.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad