Source for out of date or hard to find replacement parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for out of date or hard to find replacement parts

I just got through installing left hand safeties on my Model 12 and Model 42, plus a new butt plate on the Model 12. The previous one was cracked, don't ask, unless you have time for a sad story!
    Anyhow, if anybody needs parts for older rifles, shotguns, or what ever, send me a PM and I will shoot you a website and phone number.
    Owner told me he handled a lot of Winchester, Remington, and Mauser, and almost anything else. I didn't even know there was a left hand safety option for a Model 42, (
    Phil Bourjaily told me he wasn't aware of one,) and this parts source sent me a brand new, in the box, drop in LH safety. So, if anybody is in need, drop me a PM. Don't know how F&S would react to a sales promotion on their website.
    crm

For hard to find parts, I start at Numrich Arms* or Nu-Line Custom Guns.
    Nu-Line is aces with Win M12 parts.

*Numrich Arms - if you ask for a "tang screw" and the order puller reaches in the "tang screw" bin and comes out with a loaf of bread, you may well get a loaf of bread.

Comment

From #1 Bubba: "*Numrich Arms - if you ask for a "tang screw" and the order puller reaches in the "tang screw" bin and comes out with a loaf of bread, you may well get a loaf of bread."

I called both of those sources in my search for a left-hand safety conversion for my Model 42, and was told there was no such critter. Even Phil Bourjaily said he didn't know of one. This source not only knew exactly what I was talking about, he had one on hand, new in the box. He will be my first call now, when ever something comes up.
      And, I can shoot both of my pumpin' guns without having to do that awkward reach under maneuver, or carry them off safety!

Comment

Why don't you just list the contact ? F&S would not care as they are not in gun parts. Jim

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad