• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remington Re-Opening

Ilion, New York plant reopening.
    https://www.syracuse.com/business/20...n-factory.html

Neato, far out and groovy! 😀

Comment

I thought the first production was going to be a Remington 870 ?

Comment

I'm starting to see Remington Ammo online too!

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
          I'm starting to see Remington Ammo online too!
          That's great news. I have seen auction prices going lower. I'm still concerned about the quality and age of hoarded ammo coming up for sale online.

Comment

Let’s hope they stay out of the bargain basement and start making quality guns. That anyone would be proud to own. Blued Steel and walnut.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post

That's great news. I have seen auction prices going lower. I'm still concerned about the quality and age of hoarded ammo coming up for sale online.
              Ammo stored properly is good for over 50 years. I have shot military about 75 yo. I keep all my ammo in house, heated / AC. Don't leave it in a car on hot sunny day. To do chrono work in the summer I take ammo to range in a small cooler with kool pak.

Comment

I believe the 250 initial hire are the laid off workers when they closed. Some 400+ more to add as they expand. The Marlin 336 from llion looked real good. They invested a few years ago millions on new machines so it will start to pay off. Can't wait to see if they have anything new in mind. Maybe a face lift on the Mod 7. How about a 788 for a entry level rifle? Seems every time they get something that sells they discontinue. How about a chamber for the .350RemMag? How about a ambidextrous XP-100 - 700 action with interchange barrels ? How about a target rifle like the CZ's. Any other ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Ammo stored properly is good for over 50 years. I have shot military about 75 yo. I keep all my ammo in house, heated / AC. Don't leave it in a car on hot sunny day. To do chrono work in the summer I take ammo to range in a small cooler with kool pak.
                  That's good advice. Unfortunately, nobody can be sure how the stuff online was handled.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                    I believe the 250 initial hire are the laid off workers when they closed. Some 400+ more to add as they expand. The Marlin 336 from llion looked real good. They invested a few years ago millions on new machines so it will start to pay off. Can't wait to see if they have anything new in mind. Maybe a face lift on the Mod 7. How about a 788 for a entry level rifle? Seems every time they get something that sells they discontinue. How about a chamber for the .350RemMag? How about a ambidextrous XP-100 - 700 action with interchange barrels ? How about a target rifle like the CZ's. Any other ideas?
                    I would love to see the XP brought back, but doubt that will happen since it is a handgun.
                    I know a guy there, but not well enough for a insiders peek. And if, I knew him well, and knew that information, I wouldn't be able to share it anyway until they were ready

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Hey Folks
                      by MattM37
                      Heck, I didn't even give anyone a dirty look this weekend. Not even when we went to a supposedly famous BBQ joint and my pulled-pork and brisket "platter"...
                      Today, 07:33 PM
                    • Hey Folks
                      by jhjimbo
                      Good Monday Morning

Hey folks, just a reminder, 99.9999% of law abiding gun owners did not shoot anybody this past weekend.
                      Today, 11:12 AM
                    • Reply to Hey Folks
                      by jhjimbo
                      The dog died....
                      Today, 07:29 PM
                    • Reply to Hey Folks
                      by bowhunter75richard
                      That must have been quite the interesting performance to see.....you mowing while on crutches......just how does one manage such a interesting feat ?...
                      Today, 07:03 PM
                    • Reply to Hey Folks
                      by franchi20
                      My guns are safer than Biden's German Shepherd. They haven't bitten anybody....
                      Today, 07:03 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X