Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have too many shotguns?

Evidence that you own too many 12 gauges:

1) Your wife has only one pair of shoes because extra money is spent on your guns

2) Your house reeks of gun oil

3) You have so many that the weight is sagging your floors

4) Compasses point to your house

5) All your dreams contain the number 12

6) You named your first born "Twelve" and your second born "Gauge"

7) You had to have a special trailer manufactured to transport them when you hunt or go to the range

8) Your inventory is included as part of the local National Guard arsenal

TOO MANY?
    Is there a "number" associated with "too many"?

If they all won't fit in a safe, time to get another safe.
    If there is space in the safe, time to find another shotgun.

....and I'm sorry pighunter, that "magic number" is 16 (sixteen!)!
    ONE 12 bore is enough!

Comment

Hmmm, I only have two many not too many.

Comment

As of right now, I own exactly 3. Sold others in the last week. Having my son hold off on getting me the one he wanted to buy me at Christmas till production gets up and going again and there is more selection.
        FB: You were close. You meant 20ga. Unless of course you're, well, you know.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜—

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
          As of right now, I own exactly 3. Sold others in the last week. Having my son hold off on getting me the one he wanted to buy me at Christmas till production gets up and going again and there is more selection.
          FB: You were close. You meant 20ga. Unless of course you're, well, you know.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜—
          Oh no dewman, 16 is THE "perfect gauge! πŸ˜€!
          Think about it.
          How do you determine "gauge"?

Comment

PH,
            I have zero 12 gauge shotguns and don't feel the need to have any for hunting/target shooting....it is all about putting the load on or in front of the bird and pulling the trigger πŸ˜€
            This is not a "slam" for folks that own them, I am quite confident I can bag cleanly the birds I hunt or break targets well with the shotguns I own & use ( 20, 28 & 16 ) πŸ‘
            A good thought to ask this !

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

Oh no dewman, 16 is THE "perfect gauge! πŸ˜€!
              Think about it.
              How do you determine "gauge"?
              Dewman,
              I would agree on the 20 gauge as the best option, that is the gauge I own the most of and shoot almost all the time.
              πŸ‘πŸ‘

Comment

Number 1, your wife only has one pair of shoes. Is that even possible? How could you match 1 pair of shoes to 50 purses? And if you could would you have the guts to tell them? Not this guy, no chance.

Comment

Number 1, your wife only has one pair of shoes. Is that even possible? How could you match 1 pair of shoes to 50 purses? And if you could would you have the guts to tell them? Not this guy, no chance.
                  Indeed. There's no way I could ever get PigHuntress under 30 pairs of shoes and I have no idea how many purses are in the scary closet. But, she has no idea how much shotshell ammo I've got either

Comment

Comparing shoes, shotgun shells and shotguns is like comparing pistachios, fishing reels and light bulbs!
                    You can't get there from here! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                      Comparing shoes, shotgun shells and shotguns is like comparing pistachios, fishing reels and light bulbs!
                      You can't get there from here! LOL!
                      You try explaining that to MY wife! Wait, let me get some popcorn and a Michelob light. This is going to be good. Short, but good.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

Indeed. There's no way I could ever get PigHuntress under 30 pairs of shoes and I have no idea how many purses are in the scary closet. But, she has no idea how much shotshell ammo I've got either
                        Same here. She has no clue as to exact numbers of anything hunting related. All she knows is it's a lot and that's enough for her to lose any guilt over a Kate Spade or Vera Wang. How sad is it that I know the difference😞☹️

Comment

You try explaining that to MY wife! Wait, let me get some popcorn and a Michelob light. This is going to be good. Short, but good.
                          C'mon dewman! I wouldn't wish "Mission: Impossible" on you! 😳

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

Scary closet? LOL!

Comment

I'm kind of an oddball. I'm unmarried, could own all the guns I want with none of these "wife worries," -- and I only own a total of 4, with 2 being ones I never use and keep just for sentimental reasons.

What a waste of good bachelorhood! (Then again, I do take advantage when it comes to the free time. Never lost a single day of fishing or hunting to some family function at the in-laws'!)

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad