One-handed shotgun shooting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One-handed shotgun shooting.

I'd like to see this done with 3"" loads.

I've seen it first hand. I was walking home from the duck blind one morning, carrying a 10 gauge laying back over my left shoulder and a 12 gauge laying back over my right shoulder. Both were loaded and ready to go in case a pheasant jumped up. I sometimes carried the 10 gauge for long goose shots. As luck would have it, four nice roosters jumped up in a tight cluster about 75 yards in front of me.

I instantly calculated that one shot of the 10 gauge 3 1/2" BBs should be able to get all four in one shot if I shot quickly. I snapped the 10 gauge out in front of me with one hand the way this guy is doing and fired. The hammer on the shotgun went through my left hand between the thumb and forefinger. The butt hit me in the face and knocked me cold. I don't know how long I was out but when I woke up, I couldn't see well for half and hour. I never did find any pheasants but don't know if it was poor aim or I just couldn't see well enough to recognize a pheasant.

I shot a few that way with my 12 gauge Browning autoloader and hit just fine but that never gave me any serious recoil problem like the 10 gauge did.

Comment

DakotaMan -
      Great story. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad