Shotguns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shotguns

I own a Remington model 31L 12 gauge and I love it. I have won well over $1000 with it at shooting matches using the Wagner 2-2-10 shells. My dad got this shotgun when I was around 5 or 6 years old and I will be 56 years old on October 20th. I dearly love this old shotgun. It is by far nowhere near the prettiest shotgun I have ever seen but I would not part with it. The pump action is smooth as silk and it shoots great. As I said I have won lots of money with it at shooting matches

I prefer older shotguns myself. Win M12's and a Rem "Sportsman".
    I'm also a 16 gauge fanatic!

Comment

Well then keep it. Who’s cares what it looks like. So long as you like and and you shoot it well.

Comment

Dingo2064
        post a picture of your beloved shotgun!
        We all have our favorites! LOL!

Besides, if you KNOW it was your father's, I wouldn't sell it for 10× its value! I'm an heirloom geek!

Comment

I am shotgun fan too have 4 Mossberg and 1 Remington 870,but seeing old made quality shotguns with nostalgia made to last year’s and generations not like today !

Comment

My brother has a Model 31 in 16 gauge. Great gun. Ten times the gun as 870 and nothing wrong with those. I shoot a 1961 Browning A5. Can certainly afford to buy a house full of new guns but I can't believe I could shoot anything made today as well as that grand old gun. Click image for larger version

Name:	Black Beauty 2.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	767330
            Attached Files

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad