Weatherby SAO8 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weatherby SAO8 20

Can somebody help me on the SA08 20 ga please. Bought this gun back this past January brand new. First time in the woods sq huntin with my Lucie girl (sq dog) after 7- 8 shots the gun wouldn't feed the shell all the way in the barrell. I heard these guns need cleaning real often so I cleaned it real good when I got home. Shot about 15 - 20 rounds in it and it done fine. Next time in the woods it again hung up, not feeding the shell all the way in the barrell.
    Any idea what could be causing this problem? Any help is appreciated. Thanks
    Terry

Originally posted by luciecur View Post
    Can somebody help me on the SA08 20 ga please. Bought this gun back this past January brand new. First time in the woods sq huntin with my Lucie girl (sq dog) after 7- 8 shots the gun wouldn't feed the shell all the way in the barrell. I heard these guns need cleaning real often so I cleaned it real good when I got home. Shot about 15 - 20 rounds in it and it done fine. Next time in the woods it again hung up, not feeding the shell all the way in the barrell.
    Any idea what could be causing this problem? Any help is appreciated. Thanks
    Terry
    Sorry T-man, I don't know a thing about them, but somebody here does! LOL!
    Don't give up on us and welcome aboard!

Comment

Why not try a different brand of ammo ?

Comment

I can only offer 2 general suggestions because I can't visually look over the gun. I will say I've heard Weatherby has excellent customer service so give them a call. My 2 cents-----
        1. Check to see if you're using the right piston and it's on the tube right, I believe it's big end down.
        2. Look where the bolt locks into the receiver, is there any debris there? Shooting residue?
        i think your extractor is not hitting anything as it ejects fine.
        Wish I could look things over in person. Good luck. I I think they are a good gun.

Comment

I am also not familiar with this particular gun but most autos have action spring inside the stock. Yours may be full of stiff grease causing the breech bolt to hang up when cycling forward.

You should contact Weatherby.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad