Lynx Shotgun Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynx Shotgun Problems

The Lynx shotgun is a Chinese clone of a Saiga 12 with an adjustable gas block. I am having problems with the trigger group. It fires, the bolt, comes back, loads a new shell, goes into battery, and then nothing happens. There isn't even a click. It does this regardless of whether I am holding the trigger down or not. My longest string of fire was 5 rounds out of a 10 round magazine. All I can think of is that the hammer is riding the bolt and not catching. Is this a problem that anyone has seen in the Lynx or AK platforms? Any help is appreciated.

Hi, I don't know, but I would take it to a gunsmith. You will get a big surprise if it decides to go full auto.

Comment

I'm not that familiar with the AK platform. But, I've seen other semi autos do something similar and the problem was the firing pin sticking from a solidified lubricant. A good cleaning could solve the problem if you know how to take the bolt apart. Otherwise, Jimbo's suggestion of having a gunsmith look at it is a really good idea.

EDIT: Doing a quick web search, it seems the Saiga is prone to breaking firing pins. I don't know if that's a common issue with the Lynx but it is something else to look for when the bolt is disassembled
      Last edited by PigHunter; 08-25-2020, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to South Dakota leads the way.
        by FirstBubba
        Best of my recollection lab12, Trump offered Nat'l Guard.
        Wash and Ore governors said, "No way!"
        Seattle, Portland mayors threw...
        Today, 05:49 PM
      • South Dakota leads the way.
        by labrador12
        South Dakota didn't lock down. South Dakota continued with open schools. South Dakota even held the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. South Dakota maintained...
        02-27-2021, 07:10 PM
      • Reply to March 4th came and went. Nobody died!
        by crm3006
        Doubt seriously if those were lurch's real medals he threw over the White House fence. After all, he can't say three words without saying "I served...
        Today, 04:39 PM
      • March 4th came and went. Nobody died!
        by labrador12
        Where was the revolution? MSNBC and Yahoo News called March 4th the end day. The horn head Neanderthals were supposed to come riding their mighty steeds...
        Yesterday, 06:19 AM
      • Reply to South Dakota leads the way.
        by 99explorer
        PigHunter's post count is now down to 5420 as he keeps deleting comments.
        Given his history of point-cheating over at Outdoor Life, he is surely
        Today, 04:12 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X