Idential shotguns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idential shotguns.

I traded shotguns and received a Stevens 555 20 ga. over and under in the trade. I had the chance to see a CZ Drake 20 ga over and under shotgun and the two shotguns are identical. They are both made in Turkey and the way they look they are made by the same firearms manufacture. I wonder how many other firearms are made in the same factory and have different names on them.

Originally posted by Sarge01 View Post
    I traded shotguns and received a Stevens 555 20 ga. over and under in the trade. I had the chance to see a CZ Drake 20 ga over and under shotgun and the two shotguns are identical. They are both made in Turkey and the way they look they are made by the same firearms manufacture. I wonder how many other firearms are made in the same factory and have different names on them.
    That used to be SOP.
    The same manufacturer built guns for Sears, Monkey Wards, etc, etc.
    Lots of smaller makers made cheap guns for private dealers.
    The one that comes to mind is the "White Powder Wonder".
    Single shot shotguns. Pot metal actions and pine stocks!

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

That used to be SOP.
      The same manufacturer built guns for Sears, Monkey Wards, etc, etc.
      Lots of smaller makers made cheap guns for private dealers.
      The one that comes to mind is the "White Powder Wonder".
      Single shot shotguns. Pot metal actions and pine stocks!
      I remember the JC Higgens guns that were made by Winchester for Sears and the Western Auto Westernfields made by Marlin but this is the first time I have seen fairly expensive firearms that appear to be made by the same manufacture. I had a Sears JC Higgens one time and it was identical to the Winchester 1200 pump.

Comment

I have a Weatherby O/U that was made by SKB in Japan. Have a commercial Mauser made by Heym with a Krupp barrel. Any major manufacturer could make rifles for distributors/retailers. Marlin and Savage are two of the most prolific contract manufacturers over the years for.22's and shotguns.

Comment

The Stevens 555 is made by KOFS limited, the CZ Drake is made by Huglu.

Many of the old store brand guns bounced around between manufactures. My first deer rifle was a Westernfield made by Mossberg.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

The Stevens 555 is made by KOFS limited, the CZ Drake is made by Huglu.

Many of the old store brand guns bounced around between manufactures. My first deer rifle was a Westernfield made by Mossberg.
            KOFS limited and Huglo must share blueprints because the CZ Drake and the Stevens 555 are exactly alike. The factories in Turkey must share blueprints. What seemed amusing to me is the retail price is $704 for each gun.

Comment

KOFS limited and Huglo must share blueprints because the CZ Drake and the Stevens 555 are exactly alike. The factories in Turkey must share blueprints. What seemed amusing to me is the retail price is $704 for each gun.
              Could be, gun manufacturing over there is kind of a co-op deal. There’s a lot of info on the net if you want to look it up. Some of the stuff is very much entry level but for a little more money other options are good values. The Huglu guns are usually at the top from what I understand. I had a Mossberg Silver Reserve O/U for a couple years, didn’t hate it but never really warmed up to it either. Sold it after I found a used Beretta.

Comment

Valmet made the old Savage 333 stuff.
                Savage also had Italian made OU shotguns.
                Could find deals way back on Miroku OU, til people figured out they were the makers of the Browning Citori (up went the prices).

I let an Italian Savage OU slide by, it was a 12ga, and the selector was kinda odd.
                Price was right but I wanted a 20.
                Kinda hard to beat my 1100 and 870 for 12 ga work.

Comment

Curious why you picked the Stevens over the CZ ? You say the retail price was the same.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad