Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Browning BPS, 12ga, 3", Deer and Turkey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Browning BPS, 12ga, 3", Deer and Turkey

    How much should I get for my shotgun? It has a Leupold VX-III 2X7 on it. The scope was over $350. Click image for larger version

Name:	Browning BPS 001.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	703311

  • #2
    Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    How much should I get for my shotgun? It has a Leupold VX-III 2X7 on it. The scope was over $350. Click image for larger version

Name:	Browning BPS 001.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	703311
    Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    How much should I get for my shotgun? It has a Leupold VX-III 2X7 on it. The scope was over $350. Click image for larger version

Name:	Browning BPS 001.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	703311
    I will give you $350 for gun and scope 😋

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by springerman3 View Post



      I will give you $350 for gun and scope 😋
      This is not for you.

      Comment


      • #4
        😥 ouch.....

        Comment


        • #5
          Can't help Jim, I am not very familiar with browning

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by JasonT View Post
            Can't help Jim, I am not very familiar with browning
            The shotgun is a $500 to $600 gun, the scope, a Leupold VX-III is close to $400. Saw a Browning shotgun like mine at a gun show Sat that was $850.00.

            Comment


            • #7
              They never made a VX3 in 2-7X.
              They did a 1.75-6X and a 2.5-8X but those have larger objectives.
              My guess is that your VX3 is a 1.5-5X (that model has a 20mm front).

              BPS is a good gun, but the engraved models tend to fetch less.

              Unfortunately, scopes on guns don't really hold their value. Unless it is exactly the combo somebody is looking for. Best bet is to sell the scope on an auction site.

              Right now, since Leupold ditched the VX2 for the Freedom line, old VX2s are fetching high prices. Read: deals are gone on used ones.

              I do not know if the madness there has translated to the VX3 stuff (which is still made).

              With PCR in my state, plus reg HP for private land......slug guns are a hard sell. Even ones that can do double duty with a choke tube change (turkey and deer). Would think a pretty one costing a few dollars more to be even a tougher sell.
              Last edited by CD2; 02-14-2019, 03:59 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                The value of an item is whatever somebody is willing to pay.
                Gun show prices often are ridiculously high.
                Even if it is a good deal..........somebody has to want it.
                Years ago my state was no HP rifle for deer, so good quality rifles were a hard sell.
                Shotguns and .22 rifles were what was moving.
                Now that HP rifle is legal for deer.............the days of the deals are gone!
                Old timers are dumping slug guns, and going to lesser recoil rifles.
                Turkey guns? Most folks want an auto, and camo too.
                Your rig seems more geared towards the tweed wearing deer/turkey hunter that for some reason wants one gun to do both jobs (if of choke tube version).
                Those guys IMHO would tend to want a nice slug gun for deer and a nice turkey gun (two guns).......since they have the $ to burn...............or they want a chinese pump 870 clone because they are super tightwads.

                Check Gunbroker for completed sales. That tells you what stuff is selling for. Regional pricing is a thing of the past, since folks will buy from various places on the web.

                With long gun shipping at 40 bucks and FFL transfer 25...........figure your localized pricing accordingly.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CD2 View Post
                  The value of an item is whatever somebody is willing to pay.
                  Gun show prices often are ridiculously high.
                  Even if it is a good deal..........somebody has to want it.
                  Years ago my state was no HP rifle for deer, so good quality rifles were a hard sell.
                  Shotguns and .22 rifles were what was moving.
                  Now that HP rifle is legal for deer.............the days of the deals are gone!
                  Old timers are dumping slug guns, and going to lesser recoil rifles.
                  Turkey guns? Most folks want an auto, and camo too.
                  Your rig seems more geared towards the tweed wearing deer/turkey hunter that for some reason wants one gun to do both jobs (if of choke tube version).
                  Those guys IMHO would tend to want a nice slug gun for deer and a nice turkey gun (two guns).......since they have the $ to burn...............or they want a chinese pump 870 clone because they are super tightwads.

                  Check Gunbroker for completed sales. That tells you what stuff is selling for. Regional pricing is a thing of the past, since folks will buy from various places on the web.

                  With long gun shipping at 40 bucks and FFL transfer 25...........figure your localized pricing accordingly.
                  Scope is a typo, I have a 1.5X4 VX-III. The shotgun is engraved with a deer on one side and a tukey on the other. Uses an extended rifled slug choke and a full turkey choke. Shoots about 2.5' Winchester Supreme Slugs at 100yds and is a solid 60yd turkey gun. I think I have a 100yd slug target. Click image for larger version

Name:	BPS rapid fire.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	2.5 KB
ID:	703752Click image for larger version

Name:	BPS rapid fire.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	2.5 KB
ID:	703753

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hmm, I thought the VX2 was 1-4X

                    Comment

                    Welcome!

                    Collapse

                    Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                    If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                    And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

                    Right Rail 1

                    Collapse

                    Top Active Users

                    Collapse

                    There are no top active users.

                    Right Rail 2

                    Collapse

                    Latest Topics

                    Collapse

                    • New petition to sell Montana to Canada
                      99explorer
                      There is a movement afoot to sell the state of Montana to Canada for $1 trillion to pay off part of our national debt.
                      It would become South Alberta....
                      Yesterday, 12:27 AM
                    • Reply to New petition to sell Montana to Canada
                      fitch270
                      Wouldn't South Alberta be its own province?

                      There's been a "movement" to separate upstate NY from the NYC area for years. Fat chance...
                      Today, 12:09 AM
                    • Illegals buying guns
                      labrador12
                      If 8 million illegals are trying to buy guns a year, what is the size of the illegal population? Is 10% of the illegal population armed? 50%? Are there...
                      Yesterday, 10:56 AM
                    • Reply to Illegals buying guns
                      Harmonious Fulmination
                      In peak seasons Ellis Island processed over 5000 dirt poor migrants a day. And with those inadequate traditional families they made America and Americans...
                      Today, 12:02 AM
                    • Reply to Illegals buying guns
                      fitch270
                      The logistics of the situation is the issue. Better safe than sorry. Trying to figure out who is who and has relatives where takes time and resources....
                      Yesterday, 11:58 PM

                    Right Rail 3

                    Collapse

                    Footer Ad

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X