Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who makes the best turkey choke for the 3 1/2 load

Who makes the best turkey choke for the 3 1/2 load

HS makes the undertaker choke, thats what i use and ive never missed, i will shoot out to 60 yds.

Comment

I agree with kolbster, I have always used a HS undertaker choke. Killed two turkeys one at 45 yards and the other at 37 yards. Can not go wrong with one.

Comment

My best was 64 yds measured with a lazer rangefinder. Benelli SBE, Comp'n Turkey tube and Remington 3.5" #6 heavyshot turkey load. Bird was 23 lb, 1.25" spurs and 11.25" beard.
        That said every gun is different. A guy at Cabelas told me I could buy several tubes, pattern them all and return the ones I did not want. Keep the best. They sell just about every choke tube there is. Also the Federal ammo with that new wadd works better in chokes that are not too tight.

Comment

Del is right, try several tubes and pattern them with different loads and you will find a sweet shooter. I have had good luck with the Federal Flitecontrol loads in 5's with the HS Undertaker. My longets shot was on a Merriam in Montana at 55 yards.

Comment

Looking from statistical viewpoint, hevi 13 and indian creeks black diamond strike is the best. They reset their own world records each year in still shooting.

Comment

Agreed with kolbster answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad