Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a Mdl 37 Ithaca Featheweight w/ Polychoke, factory replaced tiger walnut stock w/ recoil pad can place a value on this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a Mdl 37 Ithaca Featheweight w/ Polychoke, factory replaced tiger walnut stock w/ recoil pad can place a value on this?

The serial number is 357184. This gun was sent back and reconditioned at Ithaca in the 1970's. They damaged the original stock and replaced it with the tiger walnut stock.It also has a polychoke on it.

I bought mine for $50.

Comment

Welcome to F&S Steve Szabo
      Your Tiger Stock Ithaca Model 37 Featherweight was made in 1951(357184) I'm Guessing it a 12ga 2.3/4" Chamber. Would be worth more in a 20Ga, 28Ga or 410 Bore.
      Most Upland Hunters or Duck Hunters added a Poly-Chokes it was a $30.00 add-on
      This is an unseen Value $300.00+/- Conduction is every thing. The tiger Stock is a +.

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
        I bought mine for $50.
        LABRADOR12,Sir You got a Deal! In my neck of the woods they run around $175.00-$400.00 for a Deluxe Feather-Lite 12 ga 3"-20ga 3",28ga 2.3/4" or a 410 3"

Comment

I bought mine for $50.
          Steve, I see them at gun shows in nice condition for around $600. Unfortunately, yours is so old you can never get an after market barrel for it. Ithaca changed the thread size/pitch - I don't remember the S.N. cut off but I am sure a dealer would know. I had one as my primary gun for several years. 12ga mod. I shot Remington 'punkin balls and had good accuracy for 60 or 70 yds. It kicked like a mule.

Comment

I run across one in nice shape once in a while, for $4-$500. I have a'73 , 20 gauge mod 37 that I wouldn't sell for anything. I'd keep it and shoot the snot out of it, if it were me. They're great guns.

Comment

Originally posted by SingleShot View Post
              I run across one in nice shape once in a while, for $4-$500. I have a'73 , 20 gauge mod 37 that I wouldn't sell for anything. I'd keep it and shoot the snot out of it, if it were me. They're great guns.
              Won't get that much for one with a barrel booger. That really wrecked the value. Sad but true. Even the fancy wood won't compensate much. I'd say try to get three hundred bucks and see what happens. Or look for another barrel in good shape. Problem there is most of them are full choke and those are of limited use as they won't handle steel shot. An IC choked barrel with vent rib would be great. Added to that fancy wood it could sell as a skeet or clays gun. Full choke even with a rib is not a popular trap gun because they are a pain to load on the line (shove the shell up the magazine and then rattle the slide for every shot).

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Szabo View Post
                The serial number is 357184. This gun was sent back and reconditioned at Ithaca in the 1970's. They damaged the original stock and replaced it with the tiger walnut stock.It also has a polychoke on it.
                What gauge is it and do you have a pic of it?

Comment

Just seen one of these on gunbroker about a day ago, it had a replaced stock which looked really nice without a poly choke for 475.00. I seen another original ithica model 37 for 315.00

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post

Won't get that much for one with a barrel booger. That really wrecked the value. Sad but true. Even the fancy wood won't compensate much. I'd say try to get three hundred bucks and see what happens. Or look for another barrel in good shape. Problem there is most of them are full choke and those are of limited use as they won't handle steel shot. An IC choked barrel with vent rib would be great. Added to that fancy wood it could sell as a skeet or clays gun. Full choke even with a rib is not a popular trap gun because they are a pain to load on the line (shove the shell up the magazine and then rattle the slide for every shot).
                    He has a very low serial # so none of the late model barrels will fit. Can't remember the serial # cut off but I am sure a gunsmith or Ithaca could tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
                      Welcome to F&S Steve Szabo
                      Your Tiger Stock Ithaca Model 37 Featherweight was made in 1951(357184) I'm Guessing it a 12ga 2.3/4" Chamber. Would be worth more in a 20Ga, 28Ga or 410 Bore.
                      Most Upland Hunters or Duck Hunters added a Poly-Chokes it was a $30.00 add-on
                      This is an unseen Value $300.00+/- Conduction is every thing. The tiger Stock is a +.
                      Tree you should tell people that is a dealer value, market value on his shotgun is almost twice that.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

He has a very low serial # so none of the late model barrels will fit. Can't remember the serial # cut off but I am sure a gunsmith or Ithaca could tell you.
                        Diamond Gunsmithing, in Ithaca NY would be able to help you. Les was Ithaca's head gunsmith for years. He's very knowledgeable, does great work and he's a heck of a nice guy. 607-273-4510

I have no affiliation with them, just a satisfied customer.
                        Last edited by SingleShot; 01-23-2019, 11:09 AM.

Comment

I bought mine for $50.
                          Can you hold it without burning your hands ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Tree you should tell people that is a dealer value, market value on his shotgun is almost twice that.
                            Jimbo, Treestand appears to be one of the many casualties of the transition to new site format. Haven't heard from him since before Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post

Jimbo, Treestand appears to be one of the many casualties of the transition to new site format. Haven't heard from him since before Christmas.
                              He just posted to the Ithaca 37 question

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad