Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anyone Used Or Has The New SAS Hatfield 12Ga Semi-Auto Shotgun ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I was very disappointed in this hatfield 12 gauge semi auto. We have called Hatfield 3 times the person there said we only needed to shoot the more expensive shells, remember this is a beginning price point gun. Several 4h ers were considering this gun. It has jammed 3 times with the second shell jammed in the barrel all 3 times. Company did not offer to have it returned or make the transaction right. Stay away from Hatfield.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Treestand View Post
      It shoots a 3"Ammo with a 28"Vent-Rib Bbl & Comes with Chokes. I was at Walmart buying lawn furniture, and spotted that MSRP $300.00 good looking shotgun. At that price it makes a good first shotgun or behind the kitchen door gun. What say You??
      I just saw an ad for a Weatherby 12ga 3 1/2" semi auto. Make in Turkey it looked very impressive.

      Has anyone heard from Tree ?
      Last edited by jhjimbo; 03-26-2019, 10:18 AM.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
        I just saw an ad for a Weatherby 12ga 3 1/2" semi auto. Make in Turkey it looked very impressive.

        Has anyone heard from Tree ?
        You try sending him a private message ?

        Comment


        • #34
          I purchased one today at Walmart for $206. Bought $5.48 per box Winchester Super Speed 1oz. 1350 FPS . Not expensive ammo.
          ​​​Ran 25 rounds rapid fire. No issues.
          Then 25 rounds Remington "Gun Club" 1 1/8 oz. 1145 FPS again rapid fire. Got a FTL on round 21. Cleared it and finished the box. Then went back to the Winchester 1 oz. Super Speed. Again, shooting rapid fire no issues.

          All my shots were rapid fire trying to get a jam. I would have fired more, except it was getting dark. I went very late in the day. These were the first 75 rounds for the gun. I'm very pleased with this outcome.

          It's my understanding that semi autos require at least 1200 FPS that could explain the FTL with the 1145 FPS ammo.

          The new model is fully assembled. One gas ring nothing to change based on ammo.

          Another thing I discovered is Hatfield is ISO 9001 certified, not an easy quality certification to receive.
          Last edited by PlinkerFromNY; 05-13-2019, 01:25 AM.

          Comment


          • #35
            ISO 9001 is a scam.
            It merely is "say what you do, do what you say".
            Does NOT mean quality has been designed into a product or process.

            Just means I had stuff written down and did it by what was written.

            Pretty good scam too, no real overhead..........pay me to critique your biz, pay me to eventually certify you. It's pure politics.

            Leverage those who have not paid into the scam (still buy from non ISO suppliers, just get their stuff cheaper LOL).

            Amazing how where I worked .............audits right before some big sporting event.
            Suite, blow and hookers proly helped w certification too.

            Big biz dontcha know.

            Comment


            • #36
              Taurus touted their ISO certification for some time, and that was when they were putting out a ton of junk. Kinda says it all IMHO.

              Sure, not following a process could make for problems.
              But if the process sucks, not following it could make for something better LOL.

              Where I worked, we had engineering team that went to various big time suppliers to help them get their processes under control, even after scam certification.

              Because we wanted good stuff.

              Amazing how some suppliers made so much money, grew their business, with pretty much no clue WTH they were doing.

              Comment


              • #37
                My company was world class. Lots of good people, tight reign on processes............and it still went bankrupt due to politics. Purely politics.
                So..........busting arse to make great stuff, protect the consumer.......it doesn't matter if the big wigs are a bunch of crooks............you're out of a job/pension.

                Good times.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Personally, I think a Toyota audit way more stressful than any ISO audit LOL.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Skeet and trap View Post
                    I was very disappointed in this hatfield 12 gauge semi auto. We have called Hatfield 3 times the person there said we only needed to shoot the more expensive shells, remember this is a beginning price point gun. Several 4h ers were considering this gun. It has jammed 3 times with the second shell jammed in the barrel all 3 times. Company did not offer to have it returned or make the transaction right. Stay away from Hatfield.
                    I shot 50 rounds of $5.48 Winchester shells rapid fire trying to get a jam. No issue with those shells. I think the important thing is the FPS. Not price. $5.48 is pretty much the cheapest I've seen.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by CD2 View Post
                      ISO 9001 is a scam.
                      It merely is "say what you do, do what you say".
                      Does NOT mean quality has been designed into a product or process.

                      Just means I had stuff written down and did it by what was written.

                      Pretty good scam too, no real overhead..........pay me to critique your biz, pay me to eventually certify you. It's pure politics.

                      Leverage those who have not paid into the scam (still buy from non ISO suppliers, just get their stuff cheaper LOL).

                      Amazing how where I worked .............audits right before some big sporting event.
                      Suite, blow and hookers proly helped w certification too.

                      Big biz dontcha know.
                      I expected some comments on the ISO cert. To me the important thing is that the gun is working great.

                      My company went ISO along with other quality initiatives. Quality did improve. The important point for this forum is that I'm reporting on my experience with the shotgun. And so far, I'm very happy with it.

                      I like the one year warranty. And the free shipping if you have to send it back. I just paid $30 to return a gun stock to another company under warranty.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        You could have had a great experience with a non ISO made shotgun LOL

                        The company I worked for was already world class before ISO scam came about.

                        I run a used 1100 from the 80's. Works like a champ.

                        Glad your rig is working good for ya.

                        IMHO that doesn't have anything to do with ISO.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by CD2 View Post
                          You could have had a great experience with a non ISO made shotgun LOL

                          The company I worked for was already world class before ISO scam came about.

                          I run a used 1100 from the 80's. Works like a champ.

                          Glad your rig is working good for ya.

                          IMHO that doesn't have anything to do with ISO.
                          Yes! That's true about the ISO.

                          I'm glad I was able to get an inexpensive shotgun that seems to be decent enough for a plinker like me. I hope this helps others who are thinking about Hatfield.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            If it goes bang every time and you can hit with it..........good enough!
                            I had a Browning Citori that was pretty nice, but hit too high for me.
                            Went back to boring ol used Remingtons.
                            Price doesn't mean diddly.
                            My $215 used 870 Express Supermag was top gun in the dove field one year.

                            It aint about what ya got. It's how well you shoot it

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Yeah, I'd like a nice shotgun someday, a gentleman's type.
                              Proly some side by side or over under 20 ga.

                              For a do all scattergun, something that isn't expensive, synth stock.........not gonna cry if it gets dinged 12 ga.

                              Aint nuthin' wrong with an economy shotgun. In fact I have about $300 in my used Rem 1100 .
                              Have had mint ones. This SP model Gunkoted is fine by me
























                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by CD2 View Post
                                If it goes bang every time and you can hit with it..........good enough!
                                I had a Browning Citori that was pretty nice, but hit too high for me.
                                Went back to boring ol used Remingtons.
                                Price doesn't mean diddly.
                                My $215 used 870 Express Supermag was top gun in the dove field one year.

                                It aint about what ya got. It's how well you shoot it
                                Now that is an amazing perspective 👍👍

                                Comment

                                Welcome!

                                Collapse

                                Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                                If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                                And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

                                Right Rail 1

                                Collapse

                                Top Active Users

                                Collapse

                                There are no top active users.

                                Right Rail 2

                                Collapse

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                • Obstruction Question !
                                  by bowhunter75richard
                                  Is anyone else being bothered with the ‘page 1of 1 (or such) and filter, being brought down into the comment section and not remaining in it’s upper...
                                  Today, 10:41 AM
                                • Reply to Obstruction Question !
                                  by bowhunter75richard
                                  A rather perplexing issue isn’t SL ? After awhile you will start getting really heated up about it !! I kind of thought things were going along a...
                                  Today, 06:43 PM
                                • Sealed Drags vs Cork
                                  by buckhunter
                                  Not sure I like the recent trend of sealed drags in fly reels. IMO nothing beats a quality cork drag. Quality cork is hard to find and sealed drags...
                                  Yesterday, 10:16 PM
                                • Reply to Sealed Drags vs Cork
                                  by Solitario Lupo
                                  So many names for reels out you almost had me clueless on this but I understand that you like the cork washers for drags instead of a rubber washers....
                                  Today, 06:20 PM
                                • Peripheral Vision
                                  by bowhunter75richard
                                  we all know that most wild life have amazing peripheral vision. But, how about we humans ? How do most of you equate your side vision when on stand or...
                                  Today, 07:39 AM

                                Right Rail 3

                                Collapse

                                Footer Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X