Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anyone Used Or Has The New SAS Hatfield 12Ga Semi-Auto Shotgun ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Anyone Used Or Has The New SAS Hatfield 12Ga Semi-Auto Shotgun ??

It shoots a 3"Ammo with a 28"Vent-Rib Bbl & Comes with Chokes. I was at Walmart buying lawn furniture, and spotted that MSRP $300.00 good looking shotgun. At that price it makes a good first shotgun or behind the kitchen door gun. What say You??

The MSRP $300.00 Tag price $218.00 I see a lot of Value in this shotgun.

Comment

It would depend who's system they copied for the auto load. And I think you could find a far better shotgun used anyways for 300 bucks. It's an awful expensive fence post.

Comment

LGS sells them off and on.
        Don't care for the look across the top.
        Prefer the Remington view.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
          It would depend who's system they copied for the auto load. And I think you could find a far better shotgun used anyways for 300 bucks. It's an awful expensive fence post.
          $300.00 That's MSRP! Tag price was $218.00 The receiver shape looks much like the Remington model 1100. I think it would make a good Dove Gun @ 7lb.4+1.

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
            LGS sells them off and on.
            Don't care for the look across the top.
            Prefer the Remington view.
            At first glance I took it to be an 1100 Remington. In walmart's Gun Case.

Comment

Treestand , I’m not a big fan of cheap guns. Rifles or shotguns , I don’t want to buy it twice ! The initial savings sour quickly with failures in the field. However I am impressed with this shotgun after reading the reviews
              and seeing the pictures of the gun. How can a company sell that gun that cheap? I have a bunch of grandsons who are going to want to shoot and this is a great option. I plan in my travels today to stop at the local Walmart and check them out. From what I see so far this is one of the rare really good deals. Great tip from you !
              On a different note how are you feeling? Been thinking about you and hope your getting better.

Comment

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post
                Treestand , I’m not a big fan of cheap guns. Rifles or shotguns , I don’t want to buy it twice ! The initial savings sour quickly with failures in the field. However I am impressed with this shotgun after reading the reviews
                and seeing the pictures of the gun. How can a company sell that gun that cheap? I have a bunch of grandsons who are going to want to shoot and this is a great option. I plan in my travels today to stop at the local Walmart and check them out. From what I see so far this is one of the rare really good deals. Great tip from you !
                On a different note how are you feeling? Been thinking about you and hope your getting better.
                Thanks for asking I'm doing just fine, But Mz Toni is in the hospital she has A-Fib there checking her out and slowing down her heart beat with Meds. She may be home to day;-))

Comment

Sorry to hear about Ms Toni , when it rains it pours! You two need to slow down a bit. Take care of yourselves. Hey I’m going to check out these SAS shotguns, that was a good post on your part ! Thanks

Comment

American Rifleman did a review in March. https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2018/3/22/tested-hatfield-sas-shotgun/

Seems to be okay. I was surprised that it comes with genuine walnut not some painted whitewood which is usually the way with American cheap guns (this one is made in Turkey). https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2018/3/22/tested-hatfield-sas-shotgun/

The operating system is their own creation which surprised me. For a couple hundred bucks I'd give one a try. Given the price of any used shotguns, even junk, I suspect it could always be resold at little or no loss if it didn't work out.

The Hatfield website is not finished yet. But it does indicate a one-year warranty.

Comment

Your very welcome, I too need to buy one for my grandson as a Graduation Gift.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
                        If by 4 + 1 you mean it holds 4 in the magazine tube I should remind you for doves your gun can only hold 3 shells......

Comment

I have to wonder how long this outfit will be around. Maybe get your grandkid something that will have support years down the road (maybe not a Remington either?). He will want to keep granpa's gift forever. We can only hope anyway.

Comment

I missed the 218 part of the post. So 240 out the door here. It may not be a bad deal. I'm not a bird hunter so a jam on a squirrel or the occasional rabbit isn't going to break my heart. As pmacco pointed out they make good sense for grandkids. And well all know how much I spoil mine! So I may have to check them out.
                            But I also think they need to pay their dues with a pump shotgun and become proficient with it before giving them auto loaders. That about what I paid for their matching 870 20 gauges a couple months back.

Comment

Tree: I believe Walmart was one of the retailers that raised their age limit to 21 for folks to buy guns ? They discontinued selling AR type weapons & pistols in 2015.
                              So we should buy guns there because.....they sell them cheap ?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad