Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some (sort of shooting) lens advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some (sort of shooting) lens advice.

I have been using cocoons over prescription lenses for years. Durable and comes in many colors. Recently my father in law and fishing compatriot m who has been suffering from glaucoma has been getting cheap lenses from the dollar store to enhance his vision. I say no and hell no. I gonna buy him a pair to put over his prescription lenses of shooting glasses to cut glare. The cocoon web site is a color wheel of potential lens colors. But which one cuts out nearly all glare and improved accuracy. A bit of on line research says it will be between amber to yellow to red. Just the colors Trap and skeet shooters use to see better. So what color lenses do you use? Remember the enemy is glare, the better discrimination is the bonus. Yes and I have no idea why his ophthalmologist didn't recommend a color.

I shoot clear. I can see just fine.

Comment

I wear orange dove hunting because a while back I asked Mr. Phil B what he wore/recommended and orange it was. Surprisingly at least to me, they worked great.

Comment

I have some shooting glasses that come with a whole group of pop out lenses. You can switch color for the condition, since no single hue is going to cover all light conditions.

I primarily alternate between Red, orange, and yellow depending on how overcast / cloudy it is. Lately I've taken to wearing Red more frequently in the field (it makes me feel like the Terminator) I like the distinction very much.

Comment

If the enemy is glare you could consider getting a second set of prescription spectacles made with polarised or Polaroid lenses. I have just that, for driving and fishing and other activities where glare is a factor.

Comment

If you live in Fl, YOU live with sunglasses all day long, I have meany pears of US AF issue Lt,gray & Lt,green, Lt,brown. In Avatar stile and Amber shooting glasses. for dove & grouse hunts."Ray Band"Air Force Issue.

Comment

personally i hate flashes and tend to not use them, but if you can bounce the flash, that is huge. also be careful, cigarette smoke will inevitably reflect all the light you're throwing, and eff up your photos. try to avoid the flash as much as possible. you already got a super-fast lens coming, use that when possible, but be careful... if you're shooting at f/1.8 against a moving subject you're relatively close to, the depth of field is going to be REALLY Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin shallow, and you're going to get focus errors from their movement.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad