Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any problems with the Savage/Stevens 555 shotgun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any problems with the Savage/Stevens 555 shotgun.

Today I read Phil Bourjaily's comments on the Savage 555 o/u shotgun. He stated that he has had no problems reported to him about this gun. Well if Phil reads this, consider it as a reported problem. My nephew and a friend have the 555. They both have problems with both barrels firing as once. (20gauge&28 gauge) An internet search reveals that this is an on going problem. A phone call to Savage will confirm this issue. They have been sending out replacements on return with a 8-10 week turn around.

* read "Hottest new shotguns of 2017"

Comment

Those shotguns are very "affordable." I guess if their guns come back fixed the boys are still each more than a thousand bucks ahead of buying something like one of those Browning "kids guns" he reviewed.

Comment

I had a feeling that one was too good to be true...

Comment

Thanks and a plus one for the heads up. While I consider Mr. Phil and Mr.Daves opinions and reviews honest, there is no way they can give every gun a good wringing out. This answer section does a great job of tracking problems as well as outstanding performance of not just guns but all things outdoor related. Main reason I come to answers is to read what's what. Again, thank you.

Comment

Ya know, prototype vs first run, vs standard production run...............lots of possible variables.
            Never be the first on the block to buy.

Comment

Sounds like they got the 'Dodge City' specials.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
                Those shotguns are very "affordable." I guess if their guns come back fixed the boys are still each more than a thousand bucks ahead of buying something like one of those Browning "kids guns" he reviewed.
                "sending out replacements on return with a 8-10 wek turn around".........

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
                  Thanks and a plus one for the heads up. While I consider Mr. Phil and Mr.Daves opinions and reviews honest, there is no way they can give every gun a good wringing out. This answer section does a great job of tracking problems as well as outstanding performance of not just guns but all things outdoor related. Main reason I come to answers is to read what's what. Again, thank you.
                  Main reason I come to the forums is to read the comical whit from people like you and others , if you could please rewrite and add a poetic twist it'd be much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
                    Oh well, hunting season is over anyway.

Comment

Their next offering is a 5lb. 3-1/2" 12gauge. Calling it the 666. They say it's pure hell on both ends

Comment

Thanks for the Heads-Up............

Comment

I'v had my 555 for several years now and have had 0 problems, for the money it's the best over/under i'v ever owned. Shot my 50 straight with that gun.

Comment

we have a 555 and have had massive problems with it
                            fires both barrels at once
                            wont fire at all
                            last time out fired on closing it and fingers no where near the trigger.\
                            just now sending back to savage for repair or hopefully replacement

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Visible Voter "fraud"
                              by FirstBubba
                              You have a very great point there, jhjimbo.
                              What we (?) do have is a media that won't expose it for the corruption it is and prefer to hide the...
                              Today, 04:24 PM
                            • Visible Voter "fraud"
                              by FirstBubba
                              First. Note that in Milwaukee, WI, another 386 uncounted votes were found(?).

On to bigger and much more visible evidence.

Yesterday, 10:13 AM
                            • Reply to The happiest of Thanksgivings my friends
                              by rock rat
                              A time to count our blessings. Lots of wood for the stove, kids watching the tube, mom thinking of new ways to grow plants, and more food than we could...
                              Today, 03:25 PM
                            • The happiest of Thanksgivings my friends
                              by dewman
                              Thank you my Lord, for the time we were given to fellowship together here, for however the duration. Thank you for the knowledge passed, the ideas shared,...
                              Today, 08:40 AM
                            • Reply to Copper bullets
                              by rock rat
                              As I understand it lead from paint and lead from leaded gasoline is absorbed into the body much easier, than the bits from game meat. A famous study of...
                              Today, 03:21 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X