Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beginning to look around at shotguns for skeet/trap and hunting. Defiantly on a budget, any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginning to look around at shotguns for skeet/trap and hunting. Defiantly on a budget, any suggestions?

Beginning to look around at shotguns for skeet/trap and hunting. Defiantly on a budget, any suggestions?

Why are you so defiant about being on a budget?

Comment

Originally posted by MNFisher View Post
      Rotflmao

Comment

Well if a budget isn't a concern order a custom merkel and have at it. Jokes aside Remington 870 ain't a bad choice

Comment

We know your on a Budget, NOW What are you looking For semi-Auto,O/U,Pump,SXS,S/Shot? and What price Range are We looking At?

Comment

Ok defiant one since you didn't give a budget number I will wing it. Dawg is right budget wise the Remington 870 is a good choice and if you want to go semi auto look at the Stoeger M3000 M3k. Its a lot of gun for the money $450 to $550.

Comment

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post
              Ok defiant one since you didn't give a budget number I will wing it. Dawg is right budget wise the Remington 870 is a good choice and if you want to go semi auto look at the Stoeger M3000 M3k. Its a lot of gun for the money $450 to $550.
              Pmacc60, Good Pick....It's hard to guess their answer! I would say a used Mossberg 500 12/20gs $200. Pawn shops are loaded with them.

Comment

Play nice.... spill chick did it !

Comment

And just why are the pawnshops loaded with Mossturds??

Comment

Going to the trap/skeet range with a cheap gun? Well, that takes courage! Put the ear protection on as soon as you get out of the truck. You don't want to hear what the snobs will be saying. :-) Don't let it bother you. At least a couple times a year I take my beat up old 870 goose gun to the weekly shoot and humiliate many of the hot dogs with two to four grand shotguns. If you can find an old used A-5 Browning with modified choke barrel, that gun would do the job for you. Mine does. One with a barrel booger (polychoke) or choke tubes (late run Japanese models) would be even better.

Comment

Alot of folks that post here just can't spell.... I note mine are when I don't take the time to read them twice before I post Plus 1 MN

Comment

Pmacc60: You defiantly beat me to it plus 1 for you...
                        crm: How many reasons would you like ?

Comment

small game sportsman: Now that we have had our fun with your spelling glitch it would be great if you could give us abit more info. Price range ? Auto, pump or break action (s/s or o/u)? New or used ? Will you actually be shooting targets at a skeet/ trap range or just with buddies from the thrower stuck in the ground ? Birds you will be hunting ?Any chance you get get a part time job to increase the budget since Bernie and Hillary will not be giving you one ( a gun that is ) ?

Comment

My best guess:they Hock them for X~Mass Gift money and can't buy them back + Interest. On this past monday I bought three 500 in 20ga one in 410 they sell fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
                              Going to the trap/skeet range with a cheap gun? Well, that takes courage! Put the ear protection on as soon as you get out of the truck. You don't want to hear what the snobs will be saying. :-) Don't let it bother you. At least a couple times a year I take my beat up old 870 goose gun to the weekly shoot and humiliate many of the hot dogs with two to four grand shotguns. If you can find an old used A-5 Browning with modified choke barrel, that gun would do the job for you. Mine does. One with a barrel booger (polychoke) or choke tubes (late run Japanese models) would be even better.
                              A5's not very comfy.
                              Better, much better IMHO, to get an 1100.

While 2 to 4 grand for a shotgun seems like a lot, let's keep things in perspective..........my coworker's skeet rig (tube set) was close to 30K.

I prefer my 1100 over my bud's Superposed field, my other buds 3200 or yet another's Broadway Trap.

Have not tried a Krieghoff or Ljutic though.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad