Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone else seen a 12 gauge Remington 870 Wingmaster? My Grandpa had one, which I have inherited, and it has become my favor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone else seen a 12 gauge Remington 870 Wingmaster? My Grandpa had one, which I have inherited, and it has become my favor

Has anyone else seen a 12 gauge Remington 870 Wingmaster? My Grandpa had one, which I have inherited, and it has become my favorite shotgun. However, I have never seen another 12 gauge model, just 20 gauge and the occasional 410.

Tons of 870 Remington Wingmasters were manufactured in several different models starting about 1964. Don't know why you have not seen more. The 3 1/2" model was introduced in 2000. There was also a Dale Ernhardt, NRA, and a Fiftieth Anniversary model in 2000 to 2006 for the others.

Comment

They are pretty common, but very good guns known for being durable and reliable -- the top of the 870 line. Take good care of it and you will pass it down to one of your grandkids.

Comment

I own a couple my self. Plenty of them out there.

Comment

I got Wingmaster with the dark walnut wood grain.

Comment

I own various 870's and a few are wingmasters. No matter what people say, not all 870's are the same. Wingmasters are a cut above the others.

Comment

I have one and have gravitated to that as my go-to shotgun now because I just like carrying that shotgun. I like the looks of it, the feel of it and it shoots great. There are quite a few out there and I think they are a great value for the money.

Comment

I too have one. I love the look of it and the way it shoots. One of the best shotguns I've shot. I use mine for trap, cause I don't want it slidin round on the bottom of the boat. Mine is a 12 ga chambered for 2.75 in loads, so it doesn't shoot the 3 in loads I prefer anyways. Only 870 I like.

Comment

no reason why you shouldnt be able to find one they are literally everywhere.

Comment

Thanks for your input. For whatever reason I have just never heard of another one. Like I said, it's my favorite shotgun, and I hope I will be able to pass it on to my grandkids.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad