Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm am looking for a good quality water fowl shotgun under 1300 dollars, any tips or information would be great!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm am looking for a good quality water fowl shotgun under 1300 dollars, any tips or information would be great!

I'm am looking for a good quality water fowl shotgun under 1300 dollars, any tips or information would be great!

Mossberg is making a model that has DD features.
    Type III camo, only on DD model. Non ported.
    Faith,Family,Ducks on side of receiver. There is a video from the Shot Show if you can find it.

Comment

Just bought (another) Browning Maxus, this one a Stalker, just for waterfowl. Like new, $1050 out the door. Check out Gunbroker.com you might find a bargain.

Comment

Hard to beat a plain jane old Remington 870!
        Sadly, the M12 Winchester isn't as readily available as it once was! LOL!

Comment

I like Beretta autoloaders for waterfowl guns.

Comment

If you have that kind of money to spend don't waste it on an 870. I have been using one since 1968 and would not recommend it very highly. Expensive to fix and they often require fixing. Mine is not ejecting 3" shells half the time now and I understand that is a common problem. RES has been compelled to replace two ejectors and it was about $400 a pop as I recall. The innards for those 870s are peened or riveted right to the inside of the receiver. Not something you can fix yourself with a screwdriver!

I'd pick up an Ithaca pump if I were you. They can be had for a thousand bucks, they're faultless operation, and will last you a lifetime. I wouldn't recommend SxS or O/U. For geese you very often need that third shot. An automatic is just something to teach you to shoot poorly. And they all require fussy maintenance no matter what the literature will tell you. Pumps don't jam ... unless they are 870s.

Comment

Honker is dead-on, Ithaca Mod 37 used or New is my pick, Gander Mt has New Ithaca 37/Waterfowl on Special 12Ga 2.3/4"-3", 28"or30"Bbl.W/Chokes, Vent-rib 7.4# $799.99

Comment

I just picked up the Benelli M2, little under $1200

Comment

Pumps are always a safe bet and practically all come in well under your price range. I have a Mossberg 835 that I bought many years ago at WalMart, and its never failed and has taken many birds. That said, it's about as graceful as a 2x4. I recently acquired a Franchi Affinity autoloader and so far it has performed well. It has the guts of a Benelli without the price tag -- I bought mine new for $800.

Comment

I still like a browning semi automatic 12 gauge.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad