Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a new shotgun under 400$. I have looked at the winchester sxp Remington 870, Remington 887, mossberg 88 maverick all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a new shotgun under 400$. I have looked at the winchester sxp Remington 870, Remington 887, mossberg 88 maverick all

Looking for a new shotgun under 400$. I have looked at the winchester sxp Remington 870, Remington 887, mossberg 88 maverick all purpose. I will be using the shotgun for duck hunting and small game hunting.

I own a remington 887 and a 870 as well as a mossberg 500. The 887 isn't to bad but kinda hard to get used to. The 500 is my personal favorite. A few other options to consider are the benelli nova and I think Stoeger makes a cheaper version of the nova. The new 870s are junk, but consider an older wing master.

Comment

I have a 870 Mag And Love it i had a 500 but it sucked with 3" it would jam i Have a buddy with a super Nova and its amazing you could probably find a used one in your price range

Comment

I had an 870 and as canvasback stated they are JUNK! Prone to jambing and poor ejection. I sold mine and bought the Winchester SXP and I absolutely love it. I have also used the Nova and it is a great gun. I would stay clear of the Stoeger and most Remington guns made in the last 10 years minimum especially the 870's. CZ also makes some nice shotguns that have excellent reviews all around.

Comment

That cheap Russian Bakail auto we were blogging about over in Gun Nuts a while back seems to be pretty much indestructible and infallible. I guess they're not particularly pretty but work every time.

I looked at an 887 at Scheels on my way to Montana last fall. What an unsightly piece of junk! Looked like it was put together by a blind man using a sledge hammer. I have been shooting an 870 since 1968. It is failing to eject 3" shells about half the time. The 870 is a cheaply made workhorse but very expensive to fix. And now they are overpriced. Ithaca would be my choice for an American made pump action but they aren't cheap. But then again you'll only have to buy one. It'll last you a lifetime.

Comment

The winchester sxp for sure

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad