Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey i am a 13 almost 14 year old hunter and i am looking for a good 20 gauge for squirrel hunting and other hunting. I have been

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would give the same advice. Remington 870 express magnum. that was my first gun when I was your same age.(not too long ago by the way)

Comment

I agree with you completely RJ!

Comment

I suggest a Benelli Nova, a Benelli Supernova, a Mossberg 500 Flex, or a used Remington 870. Do not buy a new or newer used 870. Remington is having some bad quality control issues with there 870s these days. And don't buy into that lie that 500s are made out of pot-metal.

Comment

I have quite a few shotguns, and the only one that I just could not hit with was a Remington 1100. There was just something in the LOP or drop or cast-off that did not suit my physiology. It was a fine shotgun otherwise.

Of the cheaper shotguns out there, the Benelli probably fits me best. It's plastic, ugly, black, modern, and cheap, but the dang thing hits what I point it at.

That being said, I carry a Beretta auto I've had for a long time because it's blued, has walnut and real checkering, and hits where I point it too. That, and when I pick it up it's as sentimental as a Corey Ford story.

Get the Benelli Nova and learn to shoot well.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad