Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a Remington 870 Wingmaster. It is an older model, 20 gauge, with a full fixed choke. I got the gun for hunting squirrels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out this on www.gunbroker.com
    20ga, 26", vent rib field with one mod. choke tube. does not say what size shells.
    item # 383545331 $100.00
    www.gunbroker.com/AuctionViewItem.aspx?Item=383545331

Comment

The Cheep way-out Cut the first 2.5" off U will have Cyl-Bore Best Grouse Gun going. Add a Glow worm front sight.

Comment

OH, mine have been nearly all sharpies. I've only shot a few dozen in my lifetime because I really don't like the taste of them compared to pheasant and quail. Long ago I had a double barrel 20 gauge that I really liked in the thick brush; mostly for rabbits and quail. It had a modified and a full barrel with a separate trigger for each. I usually put a 2.75" shell in the mod and a 3" in the full. It was nice to use the pattern that fit the situation.

I grew up shooting #4 shot for everything because I bought it in 25 pound bags and it allowed me to hunt everything except geese, foxes and coyotes using my 12 and 20 gauges. It also penetrated most game well enough that I never bit into shot while eating it. I lived on that game and hated breaking my teeth and those of my family.

Comment

I'm not a fan of cutting up stock Remington barrels, I'd look for a Rem barrel with the choke you want or pick up an after market.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to TGIF; Storytellers
            by PigHunter
            Thanks, I'd never seen him before either. Last Thursday, I heard it sung karaoke and I'm going to learn it too.

PigHuntress is not feeling...
            Today, 08:34 PM
          • TGIF; Storytellers
            by fitch270
            Can be about anything as long as there’s a story involved.

John Mellencamp leading off.

Today, 08:51 AM
            by PigHunter
            Pancho and Lefty

Today, 08:28 PM
            by FirstBubba
            Actually written as a inspirational song....
            Today, 07:46 PM
          • Reply to Just Right
            by jhjimbo
            Just saw an ad for the Smith Wesson M&P Shield Plus. New Shield in .30Super Carry now carries 3 more rounds - total 16 rounds....
            Today, 06:51 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X