Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need some advice on a shotgun. At the local gun shop I found a used Winchester model 1400 semi-automatic 12 gauge. It's in ver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some advice on a shotgun. At the local gun shop I found a used Winchester model 1400 semi-automatic 12 gauge. It's in ver

I need some advice on a shotgun. At the local gun shop I found a used Winchester model 1400 semi-automatic 12 gauge. It's in very good condition except for some scrapes on the stock. The man wants $225 for it but I think I can bring him down to $175. I have done some research and I think they go for $100- $250. Should I go for it?

Ah almost bought one, butt it turns out they have some breakage problems that are well-known to smart gunsmiths.

Gotta barely-used Supernova (action as slick as snot on a doorknob) for $250.Totally ergonomic and reliable.

Comment

Their is a 30% mark-up on used Guns and a 15% mark-up on New Guns. At $175.00 its a steel that's a bit more then 30% off a Fare price would be $190.00-$200.00 +/- GO for It.

Comment

I had the 1500xtr and it was o.k. If you can get it for around $175 that would be a good price.
        Not sure about the breakage woof is talking about.

Comment

Had a Win M1200. Thought I really had something, and I did!
          A high dollar tent stake! LOL!
          Win has some nice shotguns. Unless you're interested in that particular gun, I'd keep shopping.

Comment

I've used my 1400 for about a couple of decades. It is a good/ok gun but not a great gun. It has taken its share of pheasants and rabbits and I enjoy using it. I have had - to my memory - 2 failures to feed/eject issues and I also think it is a pain to clean.
            Around $175 sounds fair.
            But I would like to add that it might be better in the long run to get a gun that is of a higher quality/newer build and that will last you a couple of decades.

Comment

Sound a like a decent deal. For that price you won't get hurt to buy it and try it. You should be able to resell it and get your money back pretty easily if it doesn't fit you.

Comment

If you can wait, I would pass on this (I never cared for this gun)save a few more dollars and wait for good deal on what you really want. They pop up when you least suspect it and very often after the Christmas/New Year season.Keep ears & eyes open and be ready to strike.

Comment

Thank ya'll for the help.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to The George Floyd case.
                    by crm3006
                    My mistake, I didn't realize the Minnesota AG was going to prosecute. I thought it was U.S. Attorney Erica MacDonald. ellison being a muslim, there is...
                    Yesterday, 11:24 PM
                  • The George Floyd case.
                    by FirstBubba
                    Body cam footage shows Floyd wasn't murdered. The cop kneeling on his neck might have been negligent, but his actions did not kill Floyd.
                    Minnesota...
                    Yesterday, 10:23 PM
                  • Masks
                    by crm3006
                    Here ya go, boys and girls. I'm not much in favor of posting links, but this one is both thought provoking and hilarious! ...
                    Yesterday, 11:17 PM
                    by FirstBubba
                    Ellison is Keith Ellison. Once a Rep from MN. He is also a Muslim.
                    He gave up his House seat to run for MN AG. That will set him up to run for...
                    Yesterday, 11:15 PM
                    by crm3006
                    She is one of those soros backed DAs, and being inexperienced, way overcharged the officer for the offence. A local talk radio show host, who has two...
                    Yesterday, 11:04 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X